Data Coordinator - 502146
Reporting to the Associate Director of Admission for Operations,
the Data Coordinator serves as an integral member of the Office of
Admission Team. The position supports office-wide data, system, and
processing needs related to prospective student and applicant data.
This includes imports and exports to and from CRM; evaluates
routine development and maintenance of systems; supports system
processing related to data integrations and application processing;
supports building of data collection related to events; and assists
in general data needs for the Office of Admission.
Admission Systems and Data
- Regularly download and process imports for inquiry and
applicant data for partnership programs and organizations, events,
standardized test scores (SAT/ACT and English Proficiency),
prospect sources, counselor updates, and volunteer data.
- Support data consistency and accuracy in integration between
external systems and Slate and between Slate and other University
systems; aid in resolution of data discrepancies and systems
- Consolidate student, parent, and organization records in the
- Manage community-based (CBO) and High School Partner
organization contacts in Slate; ensure integrity of data, import
data from organization, confirm consistency in coding across
inquiry and application data.
- Manage import of event data including large off campus events,
college fairs, and virtual programs.
- Maintain organization contacts in CRM (school and independent
counselor database), ensuring accurate and consistent data to
support communications and outreach.
- Collaborate with Operations team members on downloading and
processing of applications, test scores, transcripts and
supplemental documents; audit applicant documents and verify
completeness of application at crucial deadlines. E-mail, call or
write applicants for missing items as necessary.
- Assist in the creation of high school and post-secondary school
codes for schools that do not have assigned College Entrance
Examination Board (CEEB) codes, and enter information in various
relational databases. Retrieve and enter appropriately assigned
CEEB codes for new schools.
- Supports management of query and form build requests in
Perform general administrative support for Office of
- Assist with the management of multiple admission email
accounts. Respond to questions and process requests for
- Update SIS and CRM systems as necessary for student response to
admission decision (e.g. wait list responses, not enrolling
- Answer prospective student, parent, and high school counselor
questions concerning application status using various relational
databases to verify status and discuss documents needed to complete
application with a high level of customer service and
- Enter student data and recruitment activities into CRM; make
and confirm campus visit appointments for prospective students and
families; monitor student worker support in data entry for accuracy
- Assist with transportation grant processing/reimbursement; work
with other admission staff and accounts payable to process requests
for reimbursement from prospective and admitted students.
- Serve as a backup for office reception coverage and as backup
for phone receptionist, managing multi-phone lines and providing
superior customer service.
- Operate standard office equipment including printers, copier,
fax machine, postage machine, mail slitting machine, and
- Assist with setting up and staffing open houses and other
- Knowledge of relational databases and CRM system is required;
SIS system experience preferred.
- CSS and/or HTML experience preferred
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately;
perform duties with considerable degree of autonomy.
- Attention to detail, organized, thorough, and consistent with
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and to work
effectively with a team of professionals.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word
and Excel is required Proficiency with MS Access is preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 2-4 years of administrative or systems experience
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75
hrs./week; select Saturdays
SALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range $17.70 to $22.12 per
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and
determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive
change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from
downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy
of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and
cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions.
There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and
student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of differences in ways that promote
excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and
institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and
candidates who support diversity. EOE