Wheaton is a leading private, coeducational, liberal arts college
of 1800 students located in Norton, MA and within easy commuting
distance of Boston and Providence.
Senior Media Services Technician
Staff Work Schedule (hours/dates):
M-Th 2:30-10:30pm, F 8:30-4:30. Summer: M-F 8:30-4:30. Saturdays
often required for campus events.
Academic Year Schedule (dates):
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Senior Media Technician is a member of the highly collaborative
Media Services team and reports to the Director of Media Services.
All team members provide a broad range of audiovisual support; this
role specializes in audio engineering. The person in this role
interacts regularly with faculty, staff, students, administrators,
the Board of Trustees, and distinguished visiting guests. This
- Provides professional live audio engineering for events using
soundboards, public address systems, speakers, stage monitors, EQ,
reverb, and wireless microphones.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots audiovisual equipment
and sound system issues for classes and events.
- Supports the use of instructional and presentation technologies
- Designs, develops, and maintains effective technology-enhanced
classrooms and collaboration spaces.
- Serves as a campus administrator for Zoom and provides
technical support before, during and after meetings, events, and
- Supervises and trains student assistants.
- Supports and contributes to departmental, division, and
college-wide efforts towards becoming an anti-racist campus
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
Required Education and Experience:
- Reading technical riders and providing appropriate
substitutions/recommendations for adequate alternatives in
equipment and space needs.
- Establishing and executing procedures for equipment inventory,
preventative maintenance, service, repair, and replacement.
- Developing and maintaining excellent documentation.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- BA/BS or vocational/technical degree; media, sound engineering,
or related area strongly preferred; and
- 3-5 years experience in the field.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Skills and Abilities
- Significant experience with live audio engineering using public
address systems, soundboards, speakers, stage monitors, EQ, reverb
and wireless microphones.
- Experience with computer projection, presentation software,
audio/video editing software and videotaping techniques.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with
- Experience supporting video-based meetings and webinars.
- Experience with tracking systems for complex record keeping and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong public service orientation.
- Flexibility and versatility in a complex, changing
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Well-organized, with strong analytical and problem-solving
- Strong oral, presentation, and written communication
- Ability to accommodate multiple conflicting demands.
- Supervisory experience and strong interest in mentoring student
- Initiative, perseverance and intellectual curiosity.
- Experience with Zoom administration and reporting.
- Programming experience or certification in Creston DM.
This position involves traveling throughout the College and could
on occasion require bending, reaching, ascending and descending
ladders and stairs, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking. Must be able to
lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or
be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform
the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of skills and
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within
commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have nearly
undergraduates from 40 U.S. States and more than 70 countries.
of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 11% are
citizens. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative
employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group
basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and
an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and
College actively encourages applications from women and members
Open Until Filled
Office of Human Resources
Special Instructions to Candidates:
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID -19, and as an
integral part of our public health and safety measures, Wheaton
College requires that all successful applicants hired provide proof
of full vaccination for COVID -19 at the time of employment, unless
an exemption from this policy is requested and approved. Applicants
believing that they need an accommodation of this policy because of
a disability, medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief
should inform the Office of Human Resources after an offer of
employment is extended.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References