SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grant Coordinator will identify and apply for various grants, contracts, and other sources that support the University’s mission and strategic goals. Facilitate grant application processes from beginning to end. Responsible for generating reliable research, through collaboration with other departments, and other fact-finding actions and/or meetings.
- Research various types of external funding through grants, contracts, and other sources available and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Discuss available sources of funding with the Director of Sponsored Programs and administrative members and make recommendations on grants to target.
- Compile necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other departments, database research, and other factfinding actions and/or meetings.
- Draft and complete grant applications in accordance with application requirements.
- Ensure grants are submitted on time and within application parameters.
- Complete all documentation, forms, or reports required by the grant.
- Work independently as well as in tandem with the Director of Sponsored programs as grants are identified, planned, written, submitted, and selected.
- Collaborate with various departments on campus to determine need in an effort to research available funding sources.
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the programs and projects that are funded by applicable grants.
- Develop and maintain master files on grants and paperwork connected to programs funded by grants.
- Ensure all practices and procedures maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Act in accordance with the University’s established policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Thorough understanding of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of effective grant writing techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe programs or related software.
- Organized and meticulous with details.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information that may be needed for some grants such as but not limited to employee information, upcoming projects, and related financials.
- At least three (3) years of grant writing experience highly preferred.
- Experience in higher education.