$500 Sign on bonus!
Pay rate: $22/hr plus shift differential for weekends and
Part-time; Hours vary according to scheduled
shift and Academy needs. May need to work flexible hours including
nights and weekends when necessary. *ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL, See
Fiscal Year Weeks
Full-Year (52 weeks)
This position is responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of
the dining areas, entryways, kitchen and restrooms and to perform
key functions within the dish area to ensure the safety, sanitation
and cleanliness of service-wares.
Mission Statement: A Team of Professionals dedicated to providing
quality food service with a personal touch.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Maintain sanitary conditions in all restrooms, customer areas,
entranceways and kitchen areas
- Clean tables, walls, windows, equipment and furniture in the
- Vacuum, sweep and mop floors, entryways and exits
- Check supplies and replenish milk containers, dishes, utensils
and glasses in the dining room areas as needed
- Proper removal of rubbish and recycles
- Supply all hand sink areas with soap and towels
- Maintain adequate inventory of all cleaning supplies, informing
supervisor of any expected shortages
- Replace any expended lighting fixtures and dispose of materials
in accordance with proper procedures
- Report to manager work orders to be issued for maintenance
repair on equipment
- Making minor repairs with simple hand tools to all furniture,
fixtures and equipment for working conditions
- Maintain the layout of furniture in the dining areas moving
tables and chairs
- Maintain outdoor entrance ways to dining halls during winter
months by shoveling and salting
- Assist in the dish rooms or with food preparation as needed
when assigned by lead supervisor
- Assist with the storage of incoming deliveries of food,
cleaning supplies and other goods
- Observe all MSDS policies/ procedures for safety and
- Promote a positive and congenial atmosphere for students,
employees and other customers
- Contribute to a positive working environment with managers and
other coworkers in the workplace
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take direction
and work with others.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- Knowledge of proper safety and sanitation principles when
operating equipment and using cleaning supplies.
- Committed to team work.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and
adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a
flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short
time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and
projects a positive image while interacting with students, staff,
faculty and guests
- High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read and write
- Familiar with equipment, materials and methods used in
sanitation and knowledge in the care of utensils and equipment
- One year of experience in duties as described or equivalent
- Previous experience in institutional food service or
housekeeping is helpful.
- Knowledge of practices, equipment, and methods used in
large-scale food production.
- Experience in an institutional or campus setting
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and
will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of
time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy carts as
well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate
commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Ability to work in hot temperatures with daily exposure to hot
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually) .
* This position is considered “Essential Personnel”
- an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that
would impact PEA;
- inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
- other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if
instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or
his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s
Staff (Leadership Team.)