Associate Director (Student Conduct and Community
Associate Director (Student Conduct and Community Engagement)
Texas A&M International University
Student Conduct & Community Engagement (SCCE)
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Associate Director, under general direction, assists the
Director of Student Conduct and Community Engagement in all aspects
of departmental operations and maintains responsibility for major
functional unit(s) within a department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as part of departmental leadership team.
- Leads strategic planning for areas supervised and assists
Director in developing and implementing overall departmental
- Responsible for annual budget preparation and expense control
for areas of responsibility and provides input into overall
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate the
success of areas of responsibility.
- Assists Director in formulating and implementing policies and
procedures. Supervises and directs staff and activities of project
teams or functional areas.
- Oversees the coordination of programs, ensuring program goals
are consistent with departmental and University
- Serves on various University, division, and departmental
committees and represents department at various State and National
- Ensures compliance with unit, department, University, and
government standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develops reports, analyses, and surveys for
- Completes special projects as requested by Director.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to allegations of academic and behavioral misconduct
through the University's Discipline process, which emphasizes
accountability and education. This includes the review of reports
received, any necessary investigative measures, leading
disciplinary hearings, maintain documentation in accordance to
record retention laws, and, as necessary, implementation of
sanctions ranging from disciplinary warning through expulsion from
- Manage the overall administration of student conduct records,
including responding to requests for disciplinary clearances,
subpoenas, etc. May represent the university in student conduct
matters with local, state, and federal agencies, including the
District Attorney's Office, local police and private attorneys
retained by students.
- Serve as liaison to the Honor Council, which include recruiting
and training faculty and student members.
- Administers the department databases and serves as primary
contact for the database vendors.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education - Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Experience - Eight years of related experience with a minimum
of 2 years supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Knowledge and Abilities
- Master's degree
- Experience in higher education or school settings
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Strong people skills and detail oriented
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Problem solver and goal oriented
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse
- General Office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
- This position generally supervises employees.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references and their full contact information,
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Associate-Director--Student-Conduct-and-Community-Engagement-_R-065493