IT Manager II
IT Manager II
Texas A&M International University
Office Of Information Technology
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Information Technology (IT) Manager II, under direction,
routinely manages large and complex IT project operations. Performs
limited specialized, technical duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, motivates, develops, and coaches multi-disciplined and
more senior technical staff. Models ethical, regulatory, and
performance standards. Champions workplace diversity and
inclusiveness. Models and promotes the open sharing of information,
dedication to the team's mission, customer commitment,
collaboration, and cooperation.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises large or multiple project teams
staffed with multi-disciplined and more senior technical staff.
Enforces ethical, regulatory, and performance standards. Oversees
and manages personnel issues.
- Uses established project management protocols to lead the
planning, execution, and successful completion of large IT
projects. Facilitates the analysis of project needs and risks and
recommends solutions. Assists project or area budgets. Tracks
expenditures and revenues.
- Prioritizes, schedules, and directs activities of large or
multiple project teams. Assists in directing the development of
project or task plans, resource estimates, and schedules.
Coordinates activities with the management of other organizational
units and vendors. Assists in directing the preparation of project
documentation and reports for clients and management. Coordinates
the evaluation, selection, and purchase of computing resources and
- Assists in directing the designs, and controls the processes
for supporting the delivery of large scale information technology
services. Monitors and analyzes operations metrics. Implements
continuous improvement methodologies to include corrective
- Performs limited advanced technical duties in support of large
or multiple project teams' projects and operations. Serves as a
technical resource for other staff members.
- Maintains, establishes, and develops new, close, and
collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, customers,
- Supervises the development of standard operating procedures for
large or multiple project teams. Approves and coordinates
documentation provided to customers.
- Participates in training and professional development with a
special emphasis on leadership development, management, industry
related acumen, and project and operations management.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Education - Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Experience - Five years of related experience in IT.
- An equivalent combination of education and
- Word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Project and operations management.
- Team leadership skills including motivating team and group
processes, team collaboration, empowering, coaching, mentoring,
training, ethical integrity, championing diversity and
inclusiveness, and supervising staff.
- Strategic thinking and planning. Industry related skills to
include knowledge of the IT industry and trends
- IT security regulations, and proficiency with the
- Technology Interface Library (ITIL).
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally supervises employees.
Salary: $ 64,937.60/annually
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required
- Occasional travel
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/IT-Manager-II_R-066155