Project Associate II
Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit:
St. Louis Community college (STLCC)
is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students,
expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to
strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and
We are a respected employer:
For 60 years, STLCC has served
the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education
centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence.
More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one
member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community:
Through credit courses,
continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC
annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and
technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their
education at four-year institutions within six months of
graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s
four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion:
committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all
people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]:
STLCC offers one
of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC
employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution
to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost
to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance
with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including
dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow:
Over half of our employees have served
the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career
paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities:
STLCC offers tuition
waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents.
Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for
other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual
professional development allotment.
Full-time STLCC employees have access to
a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal
days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule
even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar
Commitment to wellness:
STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health
and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a
culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college
wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded
for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their
household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP)
that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
This Project Associate II is a new position but is integral to the
award-winning STLCC Center for Plant and Life Sciences’ (CPLS)
customized technical and accelerated life science technical
training efforts. This key position will primarily work in the labs
and offices at the BRDG Park location (1005 N Warson Rd in Creve
Coeur) and lead and support CPLS technical training programs.
In addition to supporting the mission and vision of STLCC, the
successful candidate is:
• enthusiastic in promoting, leading, and supporting the trainings
and events held at and supported by CPLS,
• self-motivated, highly organized, and determined,
• proactive and agile in setting priorities,
• resourceful, resilient, and persistent,
• able to enlist personnel in district departments, campus
departments and administration to achieve results, and
• resolute in following Board of Trustees and College policy and
assisting CPLS staff in following the same,
all while being welcoming to CPLS students, faculty, industry
partners, vendors, and visitors.
A typical day might find this team member performing or
participating in any of:
• delivering CPLS technical trainings,
• prepping for training lab activities,
• developing and planning lab + lecture + reinforcement activities
for new technical training programs,
• working on continuous improvement and expansion efforts,
• seeking and testing benchtop labs and kits for potential training
• exploring CPLS lab equipment and instrumentation for potential
• promoting and disseminating details of CPLS training offerings at
events and through social media outlets,
• assisting in monitoring CPLS training program budgets and
supporting purchasing and receiving activity.
What you'll do:
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Coordinates direct professional services to students and
clients relating to a specific project area, i.e. counseling
training, job development, vocational assessment, or
- Develops materials and procedures to ensure effectiveness of
Serves on committees.
- Maintains contact with professionals in other areas to
facilitate referrals and problem resolution.
Performs normal supervisory functions: trains, instructs, assigns
work to Project personnel; recommends transfers, promotions, wage
increases, terminations; arranges for additional help or overtime;
explains and enforces College policies, safety rules and
regulations. Evaluates performance.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and over three (3) years of
- Degreed or substantial post-secondary education in a life
science or science communication field, especially a Certificate
- Associate Degree in Biotechnology.
- Significant experience supporting development and delivery of
life science technical training programs.
Familiarity with internal STLCC systems.