Home Org Name
CIO-VP IT and IT Administration
CIO Information Technology
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
Unique opportunity to join T he Office of Information
Technology at Auburn University as an Accountant!
This individual will serve as the accounting liaison with OIT,
Auburn’s central business & finance areas, and business units
across campus with respect to journal entries, reporting, analysis
and audit/reconciliation of accounts. The ideal candidate is detail
oriented, possesses advanced interpersonal and written
communication skills, is self-motivated, and is a life-long
Working onsite is a requirement of the job.
After the completion of probationary period, may work up to 1 day
hybrid remote in local area with supervisor’s
7 Reasons You’ll Love Being an OIT Accountant at AUBURN :
- Work/life balance is a priority! No travel is required.
- Careers in Higher Education are reliably stable.
- Competitive retirement plan and benefits.
- Generous leave (including two weeks off during the
- Paid parental leave.
- Tuition assistance for yourself and dependents.
- Being a part of the life-changing work and research our
students, faculty, and staff perform.
Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of
Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten
years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee
benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn
It’s a Lifestyle:
The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right
out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel,
perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and
driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the
exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area
boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re
proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning
restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town.
You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains
in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or
Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If
you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s
time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit
to learn more about our commitment
to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Administers the computer purchase model; including coordination
of purchases, charges, database administration, and rate
- Reviews and prepares documents including budget transfers,
journal vouchers, fixed asset transfers, expense vouchers,
invoices, and purchase requisitions.
- OIT Connect Billing system administration and monthly billing
coordination. Administers billing system by working with Connect
and OIT technical staffers for any problems and change control
items. Trains new users on the system and communicates any system
updates. Coordinates billing functions with OIT Admin, Service
Desk, Telecom team, ServiceNow team and others to ensure timely and
accurate billing for our unit. Prepares year-end Tenant Accounts
Receivable schedules for Financial Reporting. Makes annual changes
for software and Data charges, updating billing accounts and rate
changes. Coordinates all phone change activity with Telecom staff
to ensure correct call information is updated into system for
- Performs monthly reconciliation of purchasing card, ensuring
timely submission and in accordance to Auburn policy. Obtains
supporting documentation and follows up on any billing errors.
Responds to any audit inquiries. Assigns correct account to
- Works closely with the Director of Administrative Services to
reconcile OIT Project Manager project files. Updates files,
reconciling to Banner and Facilities. Reviews information in
ServiceNow and makes notes in files for the Project Managers.
- Coordinates work with the ServiceNow team as the system is
rolled out to more campus areas. Stays current on ServiceNow
updates. Provides input into the Software intake form development,
and other possible ServiceNow billing opportunities to facilitate
data transmission to Connect billing system.
- Provides accounting services within the BANNER Finance system
for the various service centers, auxiliary operations, and budgeted
operations within the Office of Information Technology.
Level III :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Degree plus a
- 2 years of experience in accounting services
- Typical salaries are between $54,000 – 63,000
- The salary grade for this level is $45,000 – $72,000
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Degree plus a
- 4 years of experience in accounting services
- Typical salaries are between $60,000 – 71,400
- The salary grade for this level is $48,700 – $82,800
accepted in lieu of experience, at a rate of one year of relevant
education per year of required experience
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Ability to become proficient in Auburn University financial
policies and practices
- Ability to analyze data and present information in an organized
- Possess excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Must be well organized and detailed orientated with the ability
to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of financial management, generally accepted
accounting standards, and state and federal agency procedures
- Knowledge of college/university accounting practices
- Experience with Banner Finance
- Working knowledge of billing software
- Extensive skills in Microsoft Office products, such as Excel,
Word and Access
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from
an accredited institution, OR a degree in any other field PLUS a
- * Do you have 2 years of experience in accounting services OR a
graduate degree to use in lieu of experience?