Job Vacancy Announcement
Coordinator, Recruitment and Community Relations
Recruitment and Admissions
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$61,113 - $67,224 / Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Serves as a liaison for the Enrollment Services cluster for
prospective, underrepresented student populations (including but
not limited to Hispanic/Latino, International high schools, foster
care youth, pregnant or parenting teens, and unaccompanied homeless
youth), visitors, internal and external community contacts and
resources. Provide direction and leadership for outreach,
recruitment, admissions placement testing, financial aid
counseling, and enrollment matriculation for underrepresented
cohorts and, primarily the Spanish-speaking constituency. Assist in
data collection and report preparation related to the enrollment of
underrepresented students. Responsible for responding to all
Spanish language inquiries including Web/email, telephone, SMS
/Text messaging, mail, or walk-in admissions and registration.
Manage the department’s Spanish language Telephone Hotline.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associates degree in student personnel services, higher
education administration, social sciences or equivalent formal
training in a related field.
- Four years of job-related experience in a position directly
related to student recruitment in higher education, community
relations or related professional area.
- Able to speak, read and write effectively in Spanish.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite to prepare reports and
track student inquiries to applicants to prepare reports and
- Strong organizational skills to develop implement and manage
student recruitment programs for prospective students.
- Excellent time management skills to handle a diverse, busy
- Ability to work independently with given assigned tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to prepare
monthly and annual reports, develop written program proposals, and
to develop written and electronic communications to prospective
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule to handle multiple events
- Ability to learn tasks quickly and implement them
- Strong attention to detail in relation to program development
and implementation as well as, attention to detail following
through with prospective students.
- Ability to adhere to stated deadline; ability to make and
sustain community contacts for program development of student
- Ability to convey college information articulately and
effectively to prospective students, families, and community
- Ability to travel to and from recruitment programs.
- Ability to work independently on tasks with little or no
- Ability to collaborate with various other offices and outside
community constituents for program development.
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in Spanish.
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Pre-advising prospective and new students in the process of
clarifying life/career and educational goals for the realization of
these goals through credit and noncredit options, and providing
assistance in the successful completion of the enrollment
- Develop a plan for actively recruiting, managing, and
maintaining new and existing partnerships with community and
educational organizations, churches, nonprofits, and county schools
to provide information and increase community awareness of the
service offerings available through the college.
- Proactively identify recruitment and/or sponsorship
opportunities with partner organizations, and leverage existing
partner relationships to build a network of PGCC college advocates
that will provide direct referral of prospective students.
- Generates periodic reports on meetings with community and
educational organizations, churches, nonprofits, and county schools
and/or other contacts made in relation to target student population
Identification, recruitment, and matriculation of targeted
underrepresented populations (i.e. Hispanic/Latino students, foster
care youth, pregnant or parenting teens and unaccompanied homeless
- Develop and coordinate programming designed to assist targeted
under-represented populations in engaging the college selection and
enrollment process and is sensitive to the cultural, social,
educational, and vocational experience of this constituency (Latino
community, Hispanic parent liaison, International High Schools,
foster care youth, and teen parents).
- Maintains regular communication with appropriate organizations
and agencies in order to keep current on matters affecting
underrepresented student cohorts and Latino citizens.
- Coordinate and implement extensive, high-visibility community
outreach initiatives that increase enrollment and address the
community needs of target student cohorts.
- Coordinate and respond to inquiries of all kinds related to
Latino students, and other underrepresented cohort’s enrollment
including in person, telephone, written, online, extension center,
and community contacts.
- Be knowledgeable of and accurately communicate present and
previous college admission requirements, registration requirements,
placement score interpretations, transfer student requirements,
alternate instructional formats (online/hybrid), and campus
resources and services. Also, policies and procedures to ensure
college compliance with all federal and state laws, U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services ( USCIS ) regulations, and
reporting requirements regarding undocumented citizens.
- Work closely with the Advising, Records & Registration,
Financial Aid, and Testing Center to remove impediments and create
opportunities for greater levels of Latino and underrepresented
- Assist with sensitizing college staff regarding issues
affecting Latino citizens, students, and other underrepresented
- Advises the Director, of Recruitment and Admissions on matters
of policy, strategy, and internal and external relations regarding
the Latino community and other underrepresented
- Advises the Director, Recruitment, and Admissions on matters of
advertising, marketing, and related purchases.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team in a
number of areas, including the development of recruitment-related
creative material, online marketing campaigns, print, television,
and radio advertising, Spanish Language marketing, social media
initiatives, and community involvement.
- Coordinate all recruitment activities at the assigned extension
- Assists the extension center staff in designing and
implementing programs and services to broaden Latino community
interest in their service area, and increase extension center
enrollment for underrepresented students.
- Support academic departments in introducing their specific
academic programs, services, and the role of faculty, staff, and
students on campus to prospective students. Through one-on-one
analysis of departmental recruitment needs and custom support
packages to ensure departmental programming for the prospective
students is successful. Services include departmental events
promotion, marketing liaison for program brochures or event
collateral, relevant college fair attendance opportunities,
targeted recruitment presentations, and recruitment materials.
- Maintain active membership in national, regional, and local
organizations related to Latino student admissions, registrations,
financial aid, and other related affiliations.
- Attend all staff meetings and staff training activities.
- Provide scheduled/rotating Recruitment and Admissions coverage
in the Virtual Student Services Center ( VSSC ).
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills including those
delineated in the Student Services Customer Service Skills
- Coordinate on-campus and off-campus events that support Latino
and other underrepresented student recruitment and retention
- Assist and support the Office of Recruitment and Admissions
with college-wide enrollment-related initiatives such as open house
programs, special mailings, college fairs, high school/community
visitation programs, and other functions where needed.
- Interpret and accurately communicate college policies and
procedures for students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists students during peak registration events to complete
activities in Owl Link and provide direction for all enrollment
- Participation in off-campus evening and weekend programs
developed to increase college-wide enrollment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. Significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions when it comes to lifting, carrying and using
recruitment material and equipment. Must have ability to drive to
Is Background Check Required?
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
standard English and Spanish.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least an Associate's degree in student
personnel services, higher education administration, social
sciences or equivalent formal training in a related field?
- * Do you have four years of job-related experience in a
position directly related to student recruitment in higher
education, community relations or related professional area?
- * Do you have the ability to speak, read, and write effectively
- * Do you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to
continue working in the United States? As required by the 1986
Immigration Act, candidates must present acceptable documentation
showing that they are a U.S. Citizen or a resident authorized to
work in the U.S.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter