The Division of Inclusive Excellence has an exciting opportunity
for a Division Administrator.
This position provides administrative and operational support
oversight to the Division of Inclusive Excellence. The incumbent
will participate in developing and implementing administrative
standards, policies, and practices for the organization while
maintaining confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy. This position
will also be a liaison between the Vice President and other
internal and external officials and organizations. General duties
include oversight of the Vice President's office calendar,
including cabinet-level activities. The Division Administrator
assists with all aspects of planning special university-wide and
community-based events (development advisory board,
campus/community diversity programming, community outreach
Minimum Hiring Standards:
· Bachelor's degree.
· Minimum five years of administrative experience in higher
· Strong work ethic and ability to work in and navigate changing
· Ability to take initiative to meet unit goals.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and nurture
collaborative relationships and partnerships with others.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to juggle multiple projects.
· Experience with Zoom and other conferencing software.
· Experience working in higher education technology.
· Experience working with a remote workforce.
· Experience with Google apps.
· Experience exercising discretion and sensitivity to confidential
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
staff member at VCU.
Strategic Partnership and Administration Support
· Serves as the first point of contact and is the liaison for the
Vice President and external stakeholders, including university
· Screens, prioritizes, and responds to requests as needed.
· Utilize strong decision-making skills to define the importance,
necessity, and time sensitivity of requests for the VP’s
· Plans and oversees scheduling of meetings, conferences, and
appointments, including preparing required materials and overseeing
necessary arrangements as directed or determined.
· Interfaces and coordinates with multiple University departments
in managing arrangements and logistics for conferences, developing
and disseminating presentation materials, arranging for supplies
and equipment, and other related needs.
· Create systems for tracking, monitoring, and following the
progress of projects.
· Assist with preparing data-driven reports that include
· Coordinate diversity and equity events with other units,
including logistics (e.g., calendar invites, in-person and/or
· Develop and maintain a university and community equity,
inclusion, and diversity events calendar.
· Schedule and coordinate meetings and events of the Inclusive
Council (the Advisory Council or IES)
· Strategically manage the Vice President’s time and involvement in
projects and decision-making processes, ensuring an appropriate
balance of attention to the highest priority items.
· Provide leadership for day-to-day operations to ensure that the
Vice President can focus energies on critical work of advancing the
university’s mission on DEI.
· Assure Inclusive Excellence reflects and operationalizes the
values of diversity and equity inherent to the work of its Units
and provide oversight, guidance, and leadership as necessary.
· Consult with the fiscal administrator, maintain office supplies,
and identify equipment needs.
· Consult with HR Professional for HR actions for the
· Prepare Vice President for all meetings, including development
and/or distribution of agendas, scribing, compiling, and
disseminating notes/minutes, including action items.
· Review correspondence and draft responses as appropriate.
· Facilitate talking points for the Vice President for external
communications and develop internal communications to staff and/or
executive leadership throughout the organization.
· Speak internally and externally on behalf of the Vice President
as necessary and support executive leadership to effectively manage
relationships with external stakeholders in support of Inclusive
Excellence programs and initiatives.
· Strategically manage the Vice President’s calendar, ensuring all
engagements are prioritized appropriately, internal/external
communications leading up to meetings/events are well managed,
personal commitments are noted, and travel needs are
· Work with the communications team and support Social Media and
As the needs of the University may change over time, other duties
may be assigned at the Vice President’s discretion. Contributes to
the University's overall success by performing other essential
duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Department: Inclusive Excellence
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt