Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position plans, manages, implements, and provides oversight
over a variety of administrative support functions for a large or
complex department. The incumbent manages the planning and
facilitation of events; prepares detailed reports, reviews account
activity, and makes recommendations for departmental budget;
provides supervision and guidance to support staff.
Examples of Work Performed
- Supervises, trains and manages tasks for assigned support
- Supports the department head in addressing faculty, staff, and
- Authorizes and approves documents and forms on behalf of the
- Processes student awards, coordinates recruitment activities,
and manages donor relations for scholarships.
- Provides operational support and exercises oversight of fiscal
management for the department.
- Analyzes reports, forecasts trends, and makes recommendations
for the departmental budget.
- Organizes and manages events for student recruitment,
department programs, and other related events.
- Oversees the departmental calendar for exams, events and
- Manages processes and logistics for the administration of
exams, including location, security and proctor assignments.
- Composes and edits correspondence on behalf of the department
- Participates in the development of proposals for externally
funded grants and contracts.
- Plans and develops departmental operating protocols and
- Serves as a liaison to faculty, students, alumni, university
departments, and other internal and external constituents.
- Provides oversight of website and social media outlets for the
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Plans, manages, implements, and provides oversight over a
variety of administrative support functions for a large or complex
- Manages the planning and facilitation of events.
- Prepares detailed reports, reviews account activity, and makes
recommendations for departmental budget.
- Provides supervision and guidance to support staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described
Substitution Statement: Related experience may be substituted for
education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history