Job Summary/Basic Function
The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions supports the
strategic plans and enrollment efforts of the university and the
department. This position represents the university to community
partners, school counselors, prospective students, and family
members. The Assistant Director is the primary contact person
between the prospective student and the University. They are
responsible for assisting in all phases of recruitment and
enrollment of new students, including application review and
evaluation, extensive off- campus recruitment travel and territory
management, personalized follow-up of candidates for admission, on
campus visits, events and programs, group or individual
presentations and guiding prospective students. The Assistant
Director of Admissions together with the Director of Undergraduate
Recruitment and other staff members will set goals and lead a
collaborative effort to develop and implement both short- term and
long-term recruitment strategies to ensure that the department
meets the enrollment objectives. The Assistant Director will be
responsible for a primary recruitment territory determined by the
Director of Undergraduate Recruitment, including in-state and
Additionally, the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions
will coordinate the recruitment plan focused on incoming student
initiatives along with clear goals, objectives, and strategies for
the undergraduate admissions team and university. This position
collaborates with other offices including, but not limited to: New
Student Programs, Student Access & Support Services, and Campus
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 10 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,000 students to find their path. Approximately
one thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three
doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields
and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary Range:
$51,306.00, plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance - equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children
- Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 10.4 days accrued for the first
year, increases to up to 15.6 days per year after first year
- Personal leave – up to 5 days per year
- Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – up to 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering
a learning and working environment that promotes the
intersectionality of diversity to foster a climate of inclusion.
Employing our EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive
Excellence, we hold that an inclusive community is a core value
that is an essential part of the foundation for our learning and
working environment. Millersville University is an equal
opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws
and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational
and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age,
color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience with event planning.
- Familiarity with higher education information systems and/or
customer relationship management ( CRM ) software (i.e., Banner,
Peoplesoft, Technolutions Slate).
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exhibit initiative
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a high level of
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Ability to work/travel evenings and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview which will include a 10-minute
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience working in a high paced admissions
- Bilingual, English and Spanish.
- Experience managing a caseload of applicants; reviewing
applications for admission.
- Experience with developing and executing a recruitment
- Familiarity with Slate.