Carnegie Mellon University’s department of Heinz College -
Partnerships & Communication Strategy is searching for a Social
Media Specialist to join their team. This is an exciting
opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and
challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department
by providing support to the delivery of the marketing and
communications strategy for Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz
College of Information Systems and Public Policy.
We are looking for a social media writer and storyteller who
specializes in crafting original content that is creative and
engaging, giving Heinz College’s content a voice that connects with
its audience. You will also be responsible for capturing
information, writing, editing, and proofreading content like -
articles, website stories, reference documents, promotional
material, and other forms of print and web projects for social
Your core responsibilities will include:
· Assist with the content creation for, and delivery of, online
marketing campaigns, newsletters, audio/video productions and other
outreach activities and evaluating their efficiency to help set the
direction of future marketing efforts.
· Conduct and deliver live-streams on social media platforms such
as Facebook, YouTube, etc.
· Proficiency across several software and social media platforms
including Wirecast (livestream), Microsoft (word, excel & power
point), Adobe (Photoshop, Premier, InDesign, etc.), and Social
media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Tiktok).
· Skilled, culturally responsive communicator on online social
media channels with the ability to use these platforms for
marketing all of Heinz College’s schools, programs, research,
events, initiatives, and centers. Develop content that matches
strategic goals of the organization and use a variety of online
tools to ensure a strong user experience across a wide range of
· Highly creative with taking photos and generating videos for
social media use.
· Proven ability to build culturally responsive creative designs
social media use.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within
Heinz College. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural responsiveness
are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a
team member who is able to optimally interact with a varied
population of internal and external partners at a high level of
integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who
will support the mission of the university through their
You should demonstrate:
· Proficient at using photography and videography equipment for
content creation and covering college events on social media.
· Experienced in writing, editing, proofreading, and crafting
culturally responsive individual stories, including producing
appropriate visuals, in a compelling storytelling fashion for
· Strong, culturally responsive interpersonal skills with the
ability to communicate optimally and with a high level of
professionalism within a decentralized and diverse
· Ability to solve practical problems by relying on strong
analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to foster and work well in a culture of innovation,
collaboration and continuous improvement.
· Ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge and appropriately
apply it on the job.
· Ability to make sound decisions with little to no
· Ability to work effectively as a team member; able to reach
consensus and achieve team goals; and freely share information and
knowledge with the team.
· Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Writing,
Communications, or related fields
· A combination of education and relevant experience from which
comparable knowledge is demonstrated may be considered.
· At least one year of Writing, Creative content creation (design),
and social media experience
· Successful background check
Required to travel to and/or work at
off-campus or remote locations.
Typical Work Schedule:
Required to work normal business
hours; evening and weekend work may occasionally be required.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply
Web Design and Graphic Services
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance