Work Site Location:
Head Start - Sandpoint
up to 19.5 hours per week, August -
Starting pay range:
$17.00 - $18.00 per hour
In conjunction with the North Idaho
College Head Start mission, Five-Year Goals and in compliance with
all local, state, and federal regulations the Assistant Teacher
under general direction assists the Classroom Teacher with
implementing a comprehensive child development program.
Job Description linked below; (some job boards may not include
active links so please click Apply or go www.nic.edu/jobs to see full
Assistant Teacher Job Description.pdf
Education and Experience
- Level I: Have a CDA credential or a state-awarded certificate
that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, are
enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or
baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program
to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- Level II : Associate degree in Early Childhood Education, or
Required License and/or Certifications
- Experience as a staff or volunteer in a preschool
Licenses, Registrations and Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Register with Idaho STARS and participate in the professional
- Maintain current Infant/child & Adult CPR and First
- Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment
- Pass an enhanced criminal background check including
fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance
Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree if required for this
Application materials include; resume, cover letter, and
Advertised: September 22, 2023 Pacific Daylight
- The ability to work with families and children from diverse
ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Positive approach to Early Childhood Development programs,
health and social services.
- Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs
including data collection systems.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality.
- Represent the Head Start program in the community and with
other professionals, positively and with professionalism.