Postdoctoral Research Associate, Environmental
Lutgert College of Business and The Water School at Florida Gulf
Coast University (FGCU) are seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow in
valuing environmental and natural resources. They will participate
in collaborative research activities on issues related to the
econometrics of non-market valuation. The post-doctoral associate
will use and expand FGCU's extraordinary resources to tackle
complex environmental and natural resource issues. FGCU
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Environmental Economics, supported by
Education & General revenue funds, provides the opportunity for
an early-career environmental economist to undertake intensive
research on environmental economics and policy. The Postdoctoral
Fellow will work with Dr. Johane Dikgang, while also strengthening
connections across the University's academic disciplines. The
scholar will serve an initial 24-month appointment with the
possibility of an extension based on performance and available
This is a two-year postdoctoral position, starting in the Fall
2023/Spring 2024. There may be an opportunity for a third-year
renewal of the fellowship, but additional funding is not yet
Essential Job Functions:
Additional Job Description
- Research: the ideal candidate will undertake development and
design of Stated Preference survey instruments (especially Choice
Experiments), conduct focus groups, pre-testing, and internet panel
- Practical experience with Stated Preference surveys; especially
Choice Experiments, including design and econometric
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis using economic
models and data analysis tools.
- Publication and Communication: Author or co-author academic
papers and policy briefs. Present research findings at conferences,
public events, and to policymakers.
- Collaboration: Collaborate on research with other Faculty from
both Lutgert College of Business and The Water School, between
academic institutions and government
- A completed PhD in Economics, Econometrics, Environmental
Economics, Resource Economics, or related areas.
All employees are expected to:
- PhD in Environmental Economics, Resource Economics.
- Quantitative training (ideally in econometrics) or relevant
- A high degree of proficiency in quantitative research
methodologies and data analysis software such as NLOGIT &
LIMDEP, Ngege, Stata, R, or other statistical software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a
demonstrated ability to publish research in academic journals and
to present research findings to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and a commitment to
continuous learning and improvement.
- PhD received within the last 60 months or anticipated to be
received by October 31, 2023.
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate--Environmental-Economics_R0004369-1?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and can read, interpret, and follow procedural
and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance,
and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance
with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action, and attire.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.