College Of Education
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
POSITIONS DESCRIPTION :
College of Education – Professional Education Department –
Education Generalist Instruction: Face-to-face.
Assistant Professor- Tenure Track
Department Contact Email:
JOB SUMMARY / BASIC FUNCTION :
The Department of Professional Education welcomes applications for
a full-time, tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Faculty typically teach 12 hours per semester (undergraduate),
including a combination of service courses, upper-level
- (including courses requiring field and clinical), and courses
in their specialty area.
- Faculty are expected to engage in professional development and
scholarly pursuits and involve undergraduate students in these
- Faculty are expected to contribute to the department,
University, and profession through appropriate service obligations,
including the advising of students and committee service.
- Teach undergraduate Professional Education courses as
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments,
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, clinical hours(if
applicable), assignments, and papers.
- Collect and analyze data for program and university
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on
career issues, to include internship placements.
- Develop and use multimedia course materials and other current
technology, such as online courses.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement
- Primary teaching responsibility is to teach the residential
students on campus.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIUT !ES :
- Assist department chair with continual program
- Participate in unit meetings and other university-wide
- Other duties as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABIUTIES REQUIRED :
- Training, experience, and interest in teacher preparation
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written
- Previous successful work experience with culturally diverse
populations a plus.
- Cope effectively with adversity and demonstrate leadership
skills that promote cooperation.
- Willingness to seek external funding/grants.
- Committed to values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- At least 3 years of K-12 classroom teaching experience.
- Applicants with on-campus and teaching experience in a range in
K-12 Education courses at collegial level are preferred.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Faculty - Tenure Track Appointment
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts