Salary $75,425.00 - $101,824.00 Annually
Location Westminster, MD
Job Type Full-Time - Professional
Job Number FY24-00011
Division Administration / Department Network & Tech Services
Opening Date 09/22/2023 Closing Date 10/6/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
FLSA Status Exempt
This position is responsible for all database and web project management. It also provides hands-on technical services within the department and to end-users. This job directly supervises eight database and web employees and indirectly oversees three web employees. This position interacts and collaborates with all levels of the college and provides technical guidance to college leaders to make decisions and establish policies/procedures. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and supervises the College’s database and web groups.
- Communicates with all levels of College by providing technical leadership for all Enterprise Applications.
- Upgrades and maintains system software.
- Develops and furnishes reports on database and web projects.
- Manages all database and web projects.
- Assists as a database administrator and web developer when necessary.
- Participates in the development of operating and project budgets.
- Allocates technical resources to assist in efficient development and utilization of software.
- Co-Chairs Data Governance Committee.
- Serves on other committees (Web Standards/Digital Learning/Technology Security).
- Ensures appropriate infrastructure and security is in place to support all database and web applications.
- Designs business processes to utilize technology to full capacity.
- Supervises assigned staff. Supervisor duties may include, but are not limited to, managing workflow, setting goals, hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing feedback, creating/maintaining schedules, signing off on time/attendance, helping to resolve employee issues/discipline.
- Assists college management with Ellucian/Colleague (Datatel) and Web Applications by providing technical guidance to decision-makers.
- Attends appropriate vendor training sessions and users group meetings; continually improves knowledge about application software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- Associate degree with at least seven years of professional-level experience in the information technology field including experience working with enterprise database systems and project management; OR a bachelor’s degree with at least five years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in higher education
- Experience with Ellucian/Colleague (Datatel).
This position will be placed on the College's 12-month exempt staff salary scale at grade 110. Actual salary placement is based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefits package.
The work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with highly technical applications/complex software and new technology systems; supervises staff that may maintain equipment and need to follow related safety regulations; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations and College policies.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must:
* successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
* be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
* be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
* be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorship
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.