Administrative Assistant for the Health Center
Located in the historic community of Walla Walla
vibrant and beautiful tree-lined campus is home to an
intellectually diverse, dynamic, welcoming and supportive community
of some 500 staff and faculty serving approximately 1,500 students
from the local region and across the globe. With exceptional
students, accomplished faculty and staff, and a fiercely loyal and
growing number of engaged alumni, Whitman College continues to
build on its national reputation for academic excellence as one of
the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
is cultivating a community built on inclusion and
belonging. We recognize the value of those who can offer
historically underrepresented perspectives and encourage
applications from those whose background, knowledge, and insights
from lived experience can add to the college's working and learning
environment. Whitman College is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer (EEO) .
Under the general direction of the Director of the Health Center,
this role fulfills administrative functions and supports the Health
Center, performing duties necessary for the efficient operation of
the Clinic. This is a full-time staff position working 10 months
out of each year with summers off.
HIRING SALARY RANGE
Successful applicants can expect to start between $19 and $20.60
- Support the daily operation of the Welty Student Health Center
and regularly consult with the director on all matters involving
- Answer the telephone, schedule students, take and route phone
messages, and answer questions pertaining to the Health
- Organize and maintain office files, records and supplies and
obtain and send all medical records as requested.
- Scan all medical records to student files.
- Clerical duties; including data collection, referrals to
outside clinics and correspondence.
- Order all Health Center supplies.
- With help from the Director of the Student Health Center and
the Communications department, maintain the Health Center
- Serve as a resource to students regarding insurance plans.
- Act as a liaison between the Counseling Center and Health
Center for all medication management appointments.
- Process all vendor payments and Health Center expenses.
- Reconcile the JP Morgan credit card statement monthly.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and budget information for the
- Using the college's advocate system, provide excused absences
and communicate with the Dean of Students when necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they
possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely perform the
essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
- General office skills including spelling, proofreading, and
composition of correspondence.
- Effective communication, both orally and written.
- The ability to work well with all college constituencies.
- Willingness to work as part of a team to help reach the goals
of the Welty Student Health Center.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines in a
- The ability to work with a diverse student population, and to
contribute to the College's core values of diversity, equity and
- The capability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Associate's degree OR the equivalent in experience.
- General computer knowledge and skills, and a willingness to
learn new software programs.
accidental death and dismemberment
long term disability
insurances with the capability to elect
additional voluntary coverage.
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
with a 10% matching
contribution after eligibility
Paid Time Off: vacation and sick accrual based on hours
Tuition Remission - Dependent Children
for one Whitman course per semester.
Learn more about benefits eligibility here
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR JOB CANDIDATES
Contact Human Resources regarding requests for disability
accommodation in the employment application process.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
For full application instructions and position description,