Assistant Mens & Womens Track and Field Coach
Athletics & Physical Education
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Part time
The salary for this part-time academic year
position is $6,750.
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is
deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus
community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion,
and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications
from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of
racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented
groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant
Men's and Women's Track and Field Coach. This is a
non-benefit-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will
report to the Head Men's and Women's Track and Field Coach.
Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are
The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects
of a competitive and inclusive NCAA Division III track and field
program including, but not limited to:
- On-field instruction for practices and meets
- Creation of practice plans
- Student-athlete and team development
- Meet strategies and competitive coaching
- Team travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching and/or track and field
experience at the high school or collegiate level.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid is necessary but can be
obtained through Vassar College as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and the successful result of a
background check are mandatory.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and
two or more years of relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with field events,
including throws and multis.
- The candidate should also possess strong interpersonal,
organizational, and written/oral
communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to the
Division III philosophy.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/3538