Number of Vacancies:
Scope of Job:
To provide support in the operation and coordination of the
yearlong residency program or multiple projects within the assigned
area. Responsible for assigned phases of the residency program or
select projects within an area. Support the College of Education
and P-16 Integration and partnering school districts to sustain and
scale a paid, teacher residency program across the Rio Grande
Description of Duties:
- Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and
prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified
- Supervises assigned day-to-day activities and personnel of the
- Participates in planning and developing methods for program
implementation and administration; coordinates program
- Attends and co-facilitates meetings, conferences and seminars
related to the residency program’s mission.
- Performs on-site reviews and reports activities and resolutions
of project operating issues with project staff.
- May represent department in official functions.
- Drafts brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the
program’s mission and goals.
- Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is
being accomplished toward specified program objective; recommends
modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect
activities and ensure that objective is attained.
- Supervises and organizes seminars, conferences, and
- Prepares recurring program reports for management use or as
required for project or program.
- May participate in preparing grant proposals to state and
federal agencies and private foundations.
- May conduct formal training or instruction in a classroom
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals
and objective of the program.
- Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other
documentation as required for the program.
- Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy
- Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with
internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations
associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- One (1) year of general office experience or experience in the
appropriate field of the program, or
- Three (3) years of the required experience with an Associate
Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
- Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties.
Normal office, classroom or outside environment. Some travel and
weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which
requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande
Valley. Particular project or program may require ability to drive
a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training,
meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop,
reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up
multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings,
offices and classrooms.
Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the
ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with
internal and external agencies and entities. Ability to interact in
a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your
application. The confidential information includes the
Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to
submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding
your application to the department as per your submission. The
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to
discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date
of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three
(3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at
for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/40159