DATA AND RESEARCH MANAGER-GEAR UP
Number of Vacancies:
College Access & K-12 Partners
Scope of Job:
Guide the implementation of high quality, responsive, and timely
research and data collection activities that assess operations,
program functions and impact of institutional efforts.
Description of Duties:
• Implements and monitors an evaluation plan addressing strategic
evaluation metrics, data collection methods, analysis and reporting
related to the specific needs of a large-scale project.
• Develops plans for program growth and development and serves as a
liaison to various committees or organizations.
• Supports university programs by using data to improve programs
and respond to community needs.
• Coordinates needs assessments development, distribution, and
analysis to strategically provide services to meet the needs to
• Develops and designs surveys to enable student, faculty and
community feedback and makes recommendations based on
• Compiles data to help inform institutional or division planning
and program implementation processes.
• Stays abreast of current trends in relevant area as it impacts
• Maintains links and collaborates where possible with other
institutional data collection and evaluation efforts.
• Assists in planning and implementing services that are aligned to
project objectives and outcomes.
• Develops data collection practices and monitors uniform data
collection compliance across divisions and programs.
• Leads the effort in writing, editing and publishing institutional
impact reports, grants or other applicable documents.
• Designs methodology to logistically implement the collection of
valuable data for program evaluation for the Division’s signature
• May serve as a liaison between the project and external
evaluators and data management personnel.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to refine program
service/activities based on evaluation results.
• Works with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy both
individually and as part of a complex team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Ed.D or Ph.D. from an accredited university.
Three (3) years of experience in data collection, program
evaluation, assessment and research, including experience of using
evaluation and community-based research to inform program
development and knowledge and experience of program evaluation
principles, theories, concepts and practices. Demonstrated
expertise in successfully designing and carrying out quantitative
and qualitative research and evaluation processes or
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of the required
Experience with applied program evaluation design, applied
statistical analysis and management of evaluation projects.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. May
be required to work some evenings and/or weekends. Some travel
might be required.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze information, summarize findings and present
them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers.
• Demonstrated ability in designing and manipulating data using a
• Experience developing, and maintaining longitudinal data
• Understanding of statistical principles and methods for data
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Institutional
Review Board and practices of responsible research.
• Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team with various
• Ability to create engaging presentations for various audiences
and purposes. Ability to create extensive written reports with
various levels of complexity for different audiences and
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for
redacting any confidential information from the documents you
attach with your application. The confidential information includes
the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make
sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are
advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application
to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas
Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting
applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after
meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you
have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu
detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/40149