The School of Information Systems and Management (SISM) of the Muma College of Business at the University of South Florida (USF) is searching for an outstanding candidate to fill one (1) non-tenure track position in the Management area. The candidates will be located on the Tampa campus of USF and will be part of a vibrant, interdisciplinary team that supports the missions of the SISM, the Muma College of Business, and USF. The candidates will be responsible for conducting research and teaching courses in Management. Responsibilities will also include service activities that support the mission of the Muma College of Business and the Tampa Bay region.
Candidates must at minimum have a Ph.D. degree in management, or a related discipline including but not limited to business, psychology, or sociology, and must provide evidence of meeting AACSB faculty qualification requirements. Priority will be given to applications received by October 20, 2023. Candidates who will successfully complete all requirements for their Ph.D. degree by July 1, 2024, including the final dissertation defense, may also apply.
Preference will be given to candidates who can teach core and elective courses in the undergraduate and master’s programs (e.g., HRM, Employment Law, International Management, Negotiation & Conflict Management). Ability to teach courses in People Analytics and OB & Change would be especially welcome. Candidates should have a track record and sustained interest in top-quality research. They should also have excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to work with a range of stakeholders both inside and outside academia and be open to interdisciplinary research.
The School of Information Systems and Management (SISM) at the Muma College of Business includes faculty members who engage in fundamental research in management, information systems, data analytics, and operations management, collaborate in interdisciplinary research programs, and publish in the leading journals, including AMJ, AMR, ASQ, JOM, JAP, Org Sc, and P Psych. The SISM serves a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs at the college and university levels including the BS in Business Administration with major and minors in Management and MIS, MS in Management, MS in MIS, MS in Cybersecurity, MBA, Executive MBA, Ph.D., and DBA. More information about SISM is at https://www.usf.edu/business/schools/information-systems-management/.
The University of South Florida a Preeminent Research University and AAU member with three campuses across the beautiful Tampa Bay region on Florida's spectacular west coast. USF is the fastest-rising university in America, according to U.S. News and World Report’s (U.S. News) 2023 Best Colleges rankings. It is one of the largest public universities in the nation, ranked among the top 50 public universities by US News & World Report, and among the top 50 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures. The university is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only a few universities.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- A Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree (or to be expected by July 1, 2024) in management, or a related discipline including but not limited to business, psychology, or sociology.
- The ability to teach courses at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Ability to publish in peer-reviewed indexed journals.
- A record/evidence of teaching graduate and undergraduate programs at accredited business schools
- A record of publications in peer-reviewed indexed journals, preferably in ABDC A/A* journals
- Evidence of the ability to meet and sustain AACSB faculty qualification requirements.
- Evidence of the ability to achieve grants and partnership with industry
- The ability to teach core and elective courses in management (e.g., compensation & benefits, staffing, people analytics, employment law, organizational behavior, leadership, international management).
*Special Note: Should you encounter issues with the link provided, please visit: https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx and use JOB ID 35135