The Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing & Health
is seeking to hire an experienced Nursing
T he Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing
& Health Professions at Georgia State University is a leader in
preparing the next generation of clinicians and scholars who are
critical to improving individual and community health. Since 1968,
the college has produced more than 7,293 nurses and nurse
practitioners and more than 6,156 allied health care professionals.
Many of these professionals go on to become educators and
WHAT MAKES GSU A GREAT PLACE?
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Flexible work environment. H ybrid work between 30-40 hours
- Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
- A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively
with diverse partners.
- Professional development opportunity and mentorship.
- A rapidly growing center within an academic setting.
This position provides coordination for the services provided by
Registered Nurses (RN) to participants of the Project Healthy
Grandparents (PHG), a community-based service and research
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises nursing staff.
- Supervises and is accountable for the health data collection
and home-based intervention of the nursing staff.
- Makes home visits and provides direct patient services as
- Maintains records, health staff orientation manual, and other
- Works as team member with all staff to insure the effective and
efficient operation of the program.
- Attends and coordinates staff and meetings.
- Participates in problem solving, policy and procedure
development and planning.
- Conducts RN orientation and training.
- Represents the PHG at health fairs and community events.
- Coordinates health topics and services.
- Proposes policies and procedures related to the health
dimensions of this program.
- Plans, organizes and manages the supplies and equipment.
- Oversees the credentialing of nurses as required by
institutional review boards, public and private funding
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Nursing or related field. The Georgia
license as Registered Professional Nurse or evidence of the exam in
- Knowledge of child and elder abuse and neglect reporting
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Knowledge of computer operations, such as word processing,
- Skilled and trained in Home Health.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to supervise.