Facilities Management Services
Location: Atlanta Campus *Location is subject to
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
*Shift subject to change*
These are exciting times at the Facilities Renovation Department.
We are growing and thrilled that you are interested in joining our
team. We are surrounded by individuals empowered to use their
expertise and talents to achieve our mission to pursue
Are you ready for us? Are you seeking an opportunity with purpose
and direction? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We hire great people from various educational, career, and personal
backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do but
because it makes us a stronger team.
The Facilities Renovation Department is seeking (1) Carpenter
to join the already awesome team, taking the Maintenance and
Operations Department to the next level of excellence!
WHAT MAKES the Facilities Renovation Department
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform all construction and renovation duties in accordance
with departmental standards and applicable codes to avoid
violations of building or fire codes.
- Construct walls by performing layout in accordance with plans
or sketches, primarily with metal studs or wood framing, hanging of
drywall or other wall finishes, and finishing drywall
- Install suspended ceilings per plans or sketches.
- Install ceiling tiles by cutting and kerfing as required.
- Install accessories such as mirrors, handicapped bars, soap
dispensers, towel cabinets, whiteboards, signs, etc.
- Install door frames, doors, door locks, and all types of door
- Demolish partitions, doors, frames, cabinets, ceiling,
- Move various types of materials around campus and or the job
- Maintains work area organized and keeps the job site clean as
the project goes on.
- Assist other trades, such as Cabinet Makers, Painters,
Electricians, and Trades Helpers, in renovation projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
- Technical or vocational degree and two years of related
experience; or a high school diploma or GED and four years of
related experience; or a combination of education and related
- Ability to plan, layout, and execute carpentry work of average
- Ability to work from sketches and blueprints.
- Skills in the use of hand and power tools and equipment of the
- Knowledge of building materials and construction