Administrative Specialist, Managerial
Robinson College of Business
Health Adm Institution
Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business
(RCB) is the sixth-largest business school in the country, with an
enrollment of approximately 8,000 students. Our undergraduate and
part-time MBA programs for working professionals are ranked among
the best by U.S. News & World Report, and our Executive MBA is
ranked among the world’s best by CEO Magazine. Georgia State
University is in the heart of Atlanta and has strong ties with
Atlanta’s business leaders, many of whom are alums of Robinson
These are exciting times at the J. Mack Robinson College of
Business at Georgia State University. We are growing, and we are
thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our team. We
are surrounded by individuals empowered to use their expertise and
talents to achieve our mission to pursue excellence.
The Health Administration
is seeking (1 ) Administrative
to serve as the sole administrative
person for one of the 12 academic units of the Robinson College of
WHAT MAKES RCB Career Management Services
- A flexible work environment
- Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
- A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively
with diverse partners.
- Professional development opportunity and mentorship
- A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ideal candidate for this position must exercise considerable
initiative, judgment, and discretion as the level of responsibility
has increased substantially in this rapidly growing,
interdisciplinary department. A high level of decision-making is
required to oversee all administrative and academic support
activities, which have grown significantly as the external and
internal relationships with other departments and programs have
Duties will include:
- Provide high-level administrative oversight, coordination, and
support of all Institute administrative activities to augment the
Chair’s relationships/communications with the CEOs and executives
on the HA Advisory Board and Alumni Board, endowment sponsors, and
other major current and prospective donors, as well as other health
sector executives in support of the HA mission and strategic
- Serve as the liaison to AUPHA, CAHME, and AACSB accrediting
bodies, as well as other academic, business, and IT executives in
support of the Chair’s and Senior faculty positions on
boards/committees of AUPHA, CAHME, the Technology Association of
Georgia / Health, ACHE/Georgia Association of Healthcare
Executives, and Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
- Assure that all faculty and staff have the required computing
equipment, software, and support required.
- Monitor space utilization coordination with college and
university facilities offices.
- Provide appropriate keying in collaboration with University
Security; coordinate room numbering with facilities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and direct administrative
contact between the Chair and the Dean’s office, GPC, other
departments, other Colleges, and GSU.
These interactions directly contribute to the success of the HA
program and must be undertaken in a proactive and responsive
Human Resource Functions:
- Coordinate the development of Institute policies.
- Use University and College systems, i.e., ERS, SPECTRUM,
FINANCIAL EDGE, WORKS, iCollege, ARGOS, Banner and OneUSG
- Stay current on all software used to process departmental human
resources, budgetary and accounts payable, management of faculty
research accounts, immigration documents, Foundation charges and
- Provides administrative support for all other areas such as
procurement, space, research services, computing, travel, and other
- Oversees departmental policies and procedures to
- (1) assure compliance
- (2) update as University and College require
- (3) Ensure the department is made aware of changes at all
- Develop new P&P as necessary or requested.
- Monitor workflow between faculty and production staff, ensuring
deadlines are met.
- Make decisions regarding production priorities when conflict
Academic Programming Functions:
- Provide administrative support in recruiting and hiring
faculty, administrative staff, GAs, student assistants, and
- Advise HA on personnel/training regulations and other matters
and serve as liaison to the Dean’s office on these matters.
- Maintain all personnel records.
- Daily management and supervision of staff to ensure total staff
support to department, faculty, staff, and students.
- Requires knowledge of ongoing needs in the areas of research,
teaching, publishing, and staff development.
- Recruit, select, hire/process, and orient part-time
instructors, research and teaching assistants, and temporary
- System input of all HR-required forms and information on
teaching and research charges, employment of group positions,
- Process international students in collaboration with the
University Office for International Students.
- Continued assessment of staff training needs and provided as
- Arrange and coordinate Inter-university Employment agreements
between institutions of faculty through administrative, academic,
and legal channels.
- Liaison with the RCB Graduate Admission Office.
- Provide administrative support and serve as liaison with the
Dean’s Office regarding Executive Programs and other PMBAs pursuing
the MSHA as a 2nd degree.
- Oversee all student and course enrollment, scheduling,
processing, and evaluation aspects of MBA/MHA, MSHA, JD/MSHA,
nursing/MSHA, and other students.
- Review the academic status of HA students and recommend actions
to the chair.
- Coordinate, generate, and monitor self-study progress reports,
surveys, and site visits required by CAHME and AACSB
- Coordinate BIS Health Informatics scheduling and offerings with
the School of Nursing.
- Compile applications from the national AUPHA Healthcare
Administration graduate school application system.
- Administer the day-to-day of the program, including approval of
programs of study for graduating students, approval of foundational
course requirements, course substitutions, etc.
- Provide guidance on course selection and graduation
requirements, scheduling and staffing for HA courses, process
requests for overflows, assist the Director with student appeals,
and review undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
Publications and Website Management:
- Provide support and oversight for financial, budgetary,
endowment oversight, and research grants/contracts.
- Manage and monitor all budgets (both state and external and
financial affairs of the department and associated centers
- Using Spectrum, ensure oversight of the budget at the
department, college, and GSURF levels.
- Initiate payments to personnel and vendors; project, plan, and
adjust (as necessary) all budgets.
- Create, manage, and monitor faculty research accounts in the
- Prepare Summer faculty payroll documents.
- Monitor and report monthly P-Card activity to the
- Numerous other budget-related duties.
- Manage the Scholarship and Awards process and process
Meetings, Conferences, Workshops & Seminars:
- Manage the Institute Website in collaboration with the
appropriate technical college personnel to keep all departmental
information correct and up to date, including faculty profiles and
pictures, meeting announcements, publications and research
activities, course descriptions, etc.
- Development, production, and fulfillment of departmental
publications and printed collateral (including media
advertisements, brochures, flyers, newsletters, etc.)
- Editing and writing copy for each individual project, including
performing any necessary background research
- Assist in the development of departmental marketing budget and
monitor individual project budgets and expenditures.
- Supervise Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs) and Student
Assistants in support of a project Actively identifying proper
targets for marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that all designs comply with University/College
- Oversee the planning of the annual Advisory Board meeting.
- Oversee two annual student case competitions with local area
CEOs serving as judges providing full event planning support.
- Oversee annual new student orientation.
- Provide background support for affiliated research activities
(such as surveys, lab and field experiments, and database
- Work with “outside” firms for research tasks when
- Provide editorial assistance in proposal development.
- Provide interpretation of solicitation guidelines and organize
data and information to support proposal submission.
The University System of Georgia (USG)
provides comprehensive benefits to Georgia State employees. USG
offers healthcare, dental, vision, and other benefits, as well as
retirement plan options. https://hr.gsu.edu/service-centers/benefits/
Flexible Work Schedules
This position is eligible for a flexible schedule and hybrid remote
working that meet the needs of the employee and Robinson
USG Retirement Options
- Optional Retirement Plan -- ORP is a 401(a) Defined
Contribution Plan. Employees contribute 6% and USG contributes
9.24% to the plan. Employees are immediately vested.
- Teacher Retirement System -- TRS is a Defined Benefit
Plan, a traditional public pension plan. Employees contribute 6%
and USG contributes 19.81% to the plan. Your retirement benefit is
calculated by factoring in years of service, final salary, and a 2%
multiplier. Employees are vested after 10 years.
retirement comparison chart
for more information.
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) -- Full-time employees
enrolled in a USG degree program may earn their degree for free.
Find the TAP details here .
- Bachelor's degree and five years of administrative experience;
or high school diploma or GED and nine years of administrative
experience; or a combination of education and related