Provost & VP of Academic Affairs
In the Office of the Registrar, the primary responsibility of the
Associate Registrar, Online Student Success Coordinator position
oversees the receipt, coding, scanning, and imaging of admissions,
financial aid, and all academic records for the University. System
coding and permanent archive of records are key to ensuring
compliance with FERPA and all regulations concerning the
maintenance and retention of records. The person is responsible for
the records maintenance for all 6 campus locations.
The document management center supervisor oversees the daily
operation of the imaging systems and updates within student
records, maintains and conducts internal quality controls, handles
subpoenas working with the university legal department, trains
employees across the university on records and document management
policy as well as usage of the institutional imaging application
for historical unit storage. Ensure compliance with federal, state,
and university regulations across the unit and University-wide
through interaction with peers and state officials.
The document management supervisor is also responsible for the
National student clearinghouse upload and error resolution process.
Additionally, this person manages imports from two major
third-party tools to Xtender as the final document home of record
for students. This person controls the import and update for third
party access for FERPA reasons from both the student side and the
parent portal workflow side.
WHAT MAKES The Registrar's Office
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
Minimum Hiring Qualifications:
- Develop and manage the daily operations, procedures, processes,
and workflow of the document management processes to include and
not limited to scanning, indexing, quality control for accuracy and
confidential records destruction, mail processing, student records
processing, records access, record coding, data entry of new
students, tracking information.
- Develop the needed tools to continually evaluate and improve
document management procedures and processes; Develop and maintain
written training documentation and server as a resource and liaison
with all internal and external customers, as needed on document
management processes issues.
- Supervise document management staff. Train new and existing
employees on current policies and procedures, and knowledge of each
department’s procedures as they relate to the remote document
management processes. Monitor compliance of departmental,
university, state and federal policies and procedures.
- Coordinates human resources activities, including
creating/modifying position descriptions, eTIME, performance
appraisals, hiring, training new employees, discipline, resolve
conflict, and termination of employees. Has knowledge of campus
human resources policies, procedures, and employment development
opportunities. Maintains materials for use in policy and procedure
manuals and training documents.
- Continually enhance the use of the Extender document management
imaging system, upgrading, and testing the system and related
processes, train others on its use. Work collaboratively with IIT
and Banner system offices on enhancements and transmission of data
from various other application systems.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with various campus
representatives for records management. Handle subpoenas for
information with the legal department and respond to third party
requests for data.
- National student clearinghouse processing and corrections, as
well as third party access controls for student and parent lead
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of
supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating a knowledge of
registrar-related functions, processes and laws governing records
- Must have a working knowledge of integrated student record data
systems, such as Banner and Banner Workflow.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience and solid personal
understanding records management platforms.
- Must have a collaborative, energetic and resourceful work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.