PC Systems Specialist, Intermediate
Georgia State University
School of Public Health
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY’S SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH educates
practitioners and thought leaders while engaging in research and
outreach that promotes health equity and addresses urgent public
health challenges. Our location in Atlanta, an internationally
recognized hub of public health expertise, gives students practice
opportunities at organizations such as the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention, local and state government agencies, and
international non-governmental organizations. Members of our
growing alumni network are making a difference across Georgia and
beyond, working in state and federal agencies, nonprofits, and
community organizations. Our faculty and staff are conducting
research that promotes health equity and seeks to solve urgent
challenges related to infectious and chronic diseases, tobacco
prevention and control, and trauma and mental health. With a global
reach and a commitment to equity, we are dedicated to promoting
better health for everyone, everywhere.
Are you ready for us? Are you seeking an opportunity with purpose
and direction? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We hire great people from a wide variety of educational, career,
and personal backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to
do, but because it makes us a stronger team.
The School of Public Health is seeking (1) a PC System
to join the already awesome team
taking the School of Public Health to the next level of
WHAT MAKES SPH A GREAT PLACE?
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
The School of Public Health is seeking a PC System Specialist,
to provide advanced IT support services to
faculty, staff, and students in instruction, research, community
service, and administrative capacities.
Key duties include, but are not limited to
· Provide PC and MACS service and support to School of Public
Health faculty and staff including, but not limited to
installation, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, diagnoses,
and repairs of PCs, Macs, mobile devices, and Audio/Visual systems;
Install/update/activate operating systems and software; training
and orienting faculty and staff on utilizing IT devices, software
· Educate Faculty and staff on the functions of the A/V system in
classrooms and meeting spaces.
· Coordinate with the campus A/V team to ensure new projects/
upgrades are conducted as planned and on schedule.
· Assist with the installation of new A/V equipment. Research new
A/V technologies that benefit SPH and make suggestions for
· Document records of maintenance performed on PCs and Macs using
helpdesk ticketing system.
· Marinating an updated inventory of equipment defined by location
and model number and customer-using devices including on and
· Provide AV support for SPH conference rooms, special events, and
· Provide AV support for web-conferencing and teleconferencing as
· Attend technology meetings, conferences, and training
· Coordinate with University IT staff to ensure the standard IT
processes and procedures are followed.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The University System of Georgia (USG) provides comprehensive
benefits to Georgia State employees. USG offers healthcare, dental,
vision, and other benefits, as well as retirement plan
- USG Mandatory Retirement: Teacher Retirement
TRS is a Defined Benefit Plan, a traditional public pension plan.
Employees contribute 6% and USG contributes 19.81% to the plan.
Your retirement benefit is calculated by factoring in years of
service, final salary, and 2% multiplier. Employees are vested
after 10 years of service.
See the retirement comparison
for more information.
Find the TAP details here
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): Full-time employees
enrolled in a USG degree program may earn their degree for
Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a
combination of education and related experience.