The Lanette Suttles Child Development Center
State University is looking to hire an experienced Child
Development Aide II
. Our Child Development Program serves a
three-fold purpose. First, provide a high-quality environment and
experience for young children and their families. Second, our
mission, as a lab site, supports research about young children. We
also prepare Georgia State students to do professional work with
young children. Third, serve as demonstration and training sites
for Georgia’s early care and education community.
WHAT MAKES CEHD A GREAT PLACE?
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Flexible work environment
- Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
- A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively
with diverse partners.
- Professional development opportunity and mentorship.
- A rapidly growing center within an academic setting.
This position performs advanced level childcare duties under the
supervision of a Child Development Specialist (Lead Teacher) and
may be responsible for the classroom in the absence of the lead
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide physical care for infants, toddlers, or preschool aged
children such as feeding and diapering, toilet training, and
- Assist in coordinating and carrying out developmentally
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as cleaning tables and chairs
before and after meals and activities, washing toys and laundry,
- Ensure the physical safety of all children in the
- Help to plan activities and prepare teaching materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and one year of experience working
with young or preschool children in a child care setting.
- Successful completion of one year of college course work in
Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field may
substitute for experience.
- Criminal background check required.
- Knowledge of accreditation and licensing regulations.
- Ability to lift small children.