Student Financial Management Specialist
Provost & VP of Academic Affairs
Student Financial Counsel Center
These are exciting times at the
Student Financial Counseling Center. We are growing and we are
thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our team. We
are surrounded by individuals empowered to use their expertise and
talents to achieve our mission to pursue excellence.
Are you ready for us? Are you seeking an opportunity with purpose
and direction? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We hire great people from a wide variety of educational, career,
and personal backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to
do, but because it makes us a stronger team.
The Student Financial Management Center is looking to recruit
5 Student Financial Management Specialists (SFMS)
serve in the Atlanta Student Financial Management Center assisting
students. The SFMS (Student Financial Management Specialists) is
primarily responsible for providing excellent telephone and
in-person customer service within a high-volume environment to
students, parents, and the university community about financial aid
and student account processes. This position is also responsible
for assisting with outreach efforts to help support enrollment and
WHAT MAKES The Student Financial Counseling Center
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
Minimum Hiring Qualifications:
- Provides information to students, parents, colleagues, and the
university community regarding financial aid and student accounts
per federal, state, Board of Regents, and institutional
- Consults with students primarily via phone but also in-person,
and virtual appointments.
- Investigates and provides solutions regarding financial aid and
student account customer issues.
- Assists in awarding financial aid according to program
regulations, such as HOPE, direct federal loans.
- Reviews the accuracy of financial aid applications and verifies
application information with supporting documentation.
- Assist in Collecting money owed to the University using
outreach methods and collection techniques to meet enrollment and
retention objectives set by management.
- Evaluates financial circumstances to determine appropriate
student account payment options.
- Conducts outreach efforts including calling campaigns to
students, and parents regarding FAFSA (Free Application for Federal
Student Aid) completions and financial aid processing
- Counsel students on various enrollment management issues to
include all aspects from orientation to enrollment and after,
including admissions, registration, and academic records.
Bachelor's degree and one year of experience; or combination of
education and related experience.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Preference may be given to those who possess two years of
experience working with student account or financial aid programs.
Working knowledge of Banner and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.