Facilities Management Services
Facilities Renovation – Labor
Location: Atlanta Campus *Location is subject to
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. *Shift
subject to change*
These are exciting times at the Renovations Department
are growing and thrilled that you are interested in joining our
team. We are surrounded by individuals empowered to use their
expertise and talents to achieve our mission to pursue
Are you ready for us? Are you seeking an opportunity with purpose
and direction? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We hire great people from various educational, career, and personal
backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do but
because it makes us a stronger team.
The Renovations Department is seeking (1) Electrician II
join the already excellent team, taking the Maintenance and
Operations Department to the next level of excellence!
WHAT MAKES the Renovations Department
A GREAT PLACE?
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ideal candidate performs skilled manual work, such as
installing, altering, maintaining, and repairing electrical
systems, equipment, and fixtures. In addition to supporting the
department, the Electrician II
- Installs conduits, wires, pull boxes, switchboards, etc.,
necessary to make additions, extensions, or alterations to
- Assists and instructs other electricians on projects.
- Serves as a lead person at times.
- Monitors electrical equipment for needed repairs and
- Services and repairs lighting, power, heating, cooling, and
- Monitors the functioning of installed equipment or systems to
detect hazards and needed adjustments.
- Repairs, installs, and tests safety devices, such as fire
alarms, ground fault interrupters, circuit breakers, and
- Repairs and replaces parts in motors, generators, pumps,
storage batteries, switchboards, etc.
- Drills holes for wiring; splices wires by stripping insulation,
soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Replaces fuses, light bulbs, and switches.
- Troubleshoots electrical equipment for preventative repairs and
- Gathers tools and supplies to be used at the work site; cleans
work areas, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Hiring Requirements:
- Technical or vocational degree and three years of related
experience; or a combination of education and related
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and safety precautions
of the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of local electrical codes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment used in the electrical
- Ability to access confined spaces.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds.