Facilities Management Services
Building Services Admin & Sup
Salary: Competitive salary of $35,360 ( $17 an hour) with great
Atlanta Campus **Location subject to change**
Schedule: 2nd shift, Monday - Friday | 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM *
*Shift subject to change**
These are exciting times at the Building Services Department. We
are growing, and we are thrilled that you are interested in being a
part of our team. We are surrounded by individuals empowered to use
their expertise and talents to achieve our mission to pursue
Are you ready for us? Are you seeking an opportunity with purpose
and direction? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We hire great people from a wide variety of educational, career,
and personal backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to
do but because it makes us a stronger team.
The Building Services Department is seeking (1) Custodian
to join the already awesome team, taking the Building
Services Department to the next level of excellence!
WHAT MAKES The Building Services Department
- A flexible work environment
- Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
- A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively
with diverse partners.
- Professional development opportunity and mentorship
- A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ideal candidate functions as a lead worker for a small group of
employees providing custodial care for the University buildings and
facilities. Assignments will generally fall into one of the
following groupings, although overlapping of duties may occur as
*Employees will use cleaning chemicals daily and sometimes work
around potentially dangerous materials in certain
- Organizes the work assignments of Custodian I and Custodian II
- Prepares simple reports on work performances, such as results
of workplace inspections and disciplinary actions.
- Trains and orients Custodian I and Custodian II employees on
proper custodial practices and procedures.
- Inspects facilities and furnishings for needed cleaning and
- Inspects the work of Custodian I and Custodian II employees,
and makes corrections as needed.
- Directs the room set-up for special meetings and events.
- Issues equipment and supplies to custodial employees.
- May perform Custodian I and Custodian II duties in the absence
- Assists with large cleaning tasks when required.
- Safely operate University-owned vehicles and transport
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED and two years experience in an
institutional, industrial, or commercial setting, including one
year or more of supervisory or lead worker experience.
- Must be able to lift approximately 30-50 lbs.
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of the operation and use of equipment and tools used
in the care and cleaning of buildings.
- Knowledge of proper custodial service practices, techniques,
- Knowledge of the Georgia State University (GSU) campus,
buildings and facilities, and custodial requirements or needs.
- Ability to supervise others or function as a lead worker.
- Ability to pass a criminal background investigation.