Research Technician II
College of Arts & Sciences
The College of Arts & Sciences at Georgia State University is
transforming lives through our research advances, career-empowering
teaching, and work with community partners in Atlanta and around
As the largest college on the Atlanta Campus, the College of Arts
and Sciences is home to more than 15,000 students, 550 faculty, and
300 staff members. Our faculty teach the core curriculum courses
that serve as the foundation of nearly every student’s university
These are exciting times at The College of Arts and Sciences
at Georgia State University. We are growing, and we are thrilled
that you are interested in being a part of our team. We are
surrounded by individuals empowered to use their expertise and
talents to achieve our mission to pursue excellence.
College of Arts and Sciences is
seeking an experienced (1 )
Research Technician II
for the Department of Biology. The
technician is an essential contributor to grant-supported projects
and supports all phases of the research.
WHAT MAKES College of Arts & Science
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ideal candidate for this position will assist with maintaining
all tissue culture stocks, performing basic molecular biology
techniques, and performing multiple virology techniques. This
position will also be responsible for the upkeep of the laboratory,
ordering supplies and equipment, generating monthly expenditure
reports, maintaining chemical inventories, and assisting with
training new students.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Research
Technician II are the following:
- Responsible for maintaining tissue culture cell stocks, making
media, plating cells for experiments, and doing some tissue culture
- Responsible for assisting other researchers in the lab with
their experimental protocols.
- Responsible for laboratory maintenance, cleaning/processing
glassware and plasticware, and monitoring laboratory supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for research reagents and
supplies used by the researchers in the lab, checking in and
storing received orders, and for resolving problems related to
- Responsible for checking the monthly credit card statements and
generating monthly expenditure reports for the University
- Responsible for assisting with training students in basic lab
procedures and laboratory safety precautions and monitoring that
these procedures are followed.
Preferred Hiring Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of research experience; or high
school diploma or GED and six years of research experience; or a
combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in maintaining mammalian tissue cultures and in
basic lab techniques.
- Experience in ordering specialized reagents and supplies and
maintaining purchase and inventory logs.
- Experience in basic laboratory maintenance and safety