Web Application Developer, Intermediate
College of Arts & Sciences
Arts & Sciences Network Support
The College of Arts & Sciences at Georgia State University is
transforming lives through our research advances, career-empowering
teaching, and work with community partners in Atlanta and around
As the largest college on the Atlanta Campus, the College of Arts
and Sciences is home to more than 15,000 students, 550 faculty, and
300 staff members. Our faculty teach the core curriculum courses
that serve as the foundation of nearly every student’s university
These are exciting times at The College of Arts and Sciences
at Georgia State University. We are growing, and we are thrilled
that you are interested in being a part of our team. We are
surrounded by individuals empowered to use their expertise and
talents to achieve our mission to pursue excellence.
College of Arts and Sciences is
seeking an experienced (1 )
Web Application Developer, Intermediate,
who will be a
member of the A&S Computing and Network Support team and
provide professional expertise in designing, developing, and
testing web-based applications for the college and its
WHAT MAKES College of Arts & Science
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ideal candidate for this position will focus on using various
programming languages on various platforms. Particularly, the
position will primarily focus on developing business applications
in support of the College’s academic, research, and administrative
programs. The individual in this role will also help to
significantly streamline college and university business processes.
The Web Application Developer, Intermediate, will interact on a
consistent basis with management and staff within the assigned unit
and personnel within the College.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Web Developer,
Intermediate include the following:
· Design and develop large-scale web-based relational database
· Maintain assigned applications, providing resolution of issues in
a timely manner.
· Test, document, and perform quality assurance on web-based
· Gather business process analysis and formulate plans for
functional application requirements.
· Evaluate end-user requests for new or modified web-based
· Design databases and write stored procedures in SQL
· Write reports, train college staff and new faculty, and provide
professional-level consultation to customers/clients.
· Assist in data collection and conversion to a variety of data
· Prepare and present status reports regarding web applications.
Research and apply innovative web technologies.
· Participate in college-wide web committees, communication groups,
and technology groups.
· Participate in university-level web groups and ad hoc web content
management groups on behalf of the college.
· All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience or a
combination of education and related experience.