Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution
(MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54
foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time
Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly
talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the
Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of
resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to
collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member
institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240-acre island on
Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best
College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern,
attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support
From our generous
benefits package and professional development opportunities, to
our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence,
the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to
Learn more information here!
Reporting to the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement, the
Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible for
developing, creating and implementing strategic programing and
engagement opportunities for the Island University's 55,000+ Alumni
and their current students. Specifically, the Assistant Director
will work closely with Alumni Engagement staff to interact with
volunteers, chapter leadership, faculty, and key administration to
develop, implement, and evaluate activities, programs, services,
and communications to reach, serve, and engage alumni through as
many opportunities, channels and methods as possible.
The Office of Alumni Engagement supports the National TAMU-CC
Alumni Association by working collaboratively with a volunteer
Board of Directors, several committees and chapters. This position
will also work closely with the entire Development and
Institutional Advancement teams to ensure proper coordination of
- Develop and implement strategies to increase alumni and student
- Assist in and lead strategic planning for some key alumni
events (both on and off campus).
- Manage the alumni chapter program by providing support for
chapters in planning, promoting and implementing a variety of
events and programs.
- Build University relationships and increase collaborations
- Develop, contact, and maintain relationships with alumni,
faculty, students, staff, and vendors.
- Work with the Executive Director to understand and implement
organization's strategic priorities and goals.
- Serve in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Six (6) years of full-time experience in Communication, Public
Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Additional education may be used to substitute for experience
requirement to include:
- Master's Degree and four (4) years' experience or
- Doctoral Degree and two (2) years' experience
- Ability to learn new strategies, build programming from
scratch, and think creatively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet
expected deadlines and schedules.
- Master's Degree in related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years' experience in alumni relations,
development, fundraising, or event management.
- Experience with implementing non-event programming and
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Suite.
- $4,583 - $5,250 monthly (approx. $55,000 - $63,000
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Assistant-Director-of-Alumni-Engagement_R-066197