Home Org Name
Campus Safety and Security
Security Services Representative (Pool)
Job Class Code
Full or Part-time
Limited Term Length
This is a pooled posting. As positions become available, the
hiring team will reach out to candidates directly. Option for
part-time or full-time appointment status.
Campus Safety and Security seeks candidates for Security
to provide security for University
property and ensure the safety of Auburn University students,
faculty, staff, and visitors by monitoring cameras, patrolling and
examining buildings and grounds, watching for and reporting
irregularities, dispatching drivers, assisting first responders,
and shuttling students to and from areas throughout campus as well
as surrounding areas.
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by
U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn
University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of
Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking
education, life-enhancing research, scholarship, and selfless
service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to
academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment,
student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn:
Auburn University was named by
Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers,
with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy
competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance,
generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and
dependents, flexible spending accounts, and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and
thriving community by visiting
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion
to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and
inclusion for all.
- Patrols and maintains constant watch of an assigned area
watching for suspicious activities, persons, or signs of theft or
damage. Reports emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards,
leaking pipes, disturbances, criminal activity, or breaches of
security to supervisor, police department, fire department, or
other appropriate emergency response team or entity. Assists first
responders by relaying emergency information, locating facilities,
and ensuring access to facilities. May act as first responders
until appropriate personnel arrive on site. May conduct welfare
checks on students, staff, or visitors.
- Keeps unauthorized persons from entering restricted areas by
securing buildings and facilities. Secures and opens buildings,
offices, and classrooms according to approved schedule.
- Monitors CCTV cameras for criminal activities, assesses control
alarms, and ensures all CCTV cameras and monitoring systems are
operational. Performs visual tours of areas with a high
concentration on foot traffic and report breaches in security,
emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards, leaking pipes,
- Provides assistance for visual coverage or investigation for
emergency personnel, bookmarking and archiving important footage
for future use
- Operates the night security shuttles to provide safe and
reliable transportation for students to and from locations
throughout campus as well as surrounding areas.
- Ensures vehicles are maintained in a safe and operational
condition. Completes reports and maintains accurate and required
records of riders throughout the shift and submits to supervisor at
the end of the shift.
- Dispatches security shuttles and security monitors using tools
such as two way radios, multi-line phones, GPS system, and dispatch
High school diploma or equivalent.
High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of
experience in security enforcement or services, law enforcement,
military service, or other related field
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Level I- Duties require basic physical and mental skills
and abilities, including use of hand tools, power tools or other
equipment and use of basic math or reading skills. Follows detailed
instructions and procedures.
- Level II- Duties require basic or advanced physical and
mental skills and abilities, including use of hand tools, power
tools, heavy machinery or other equipment and use of basic or
intermediate math, reading or writing skills. Duties may require
personal protective gear and/or knowledge of special safety or
regulatory procedures. Follows detailed instructions and
procedures. May work under limited supervision, and prioritize
- Valid driver’s license and must pass the state driving exam to
operate a state vehicle ( DDC ).
Posting Detail Information
$30,160 - $43,500
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
Shifts Vary: 4pm-12aa, 5:30pm-1:30am, 7:30pm-3:30am, 10pm-6am,
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Please indicate your preference for employment status below: