Home Org Name
War Eagle Productions
Director Intercollegiate Athletics
Live Events Director
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
Auburn University Athletics is excited to begin the search for a
Live Events Director!
This individual will coordinate,
supervise, and execute multiple aspects of a live production for
athletic sporting events, which includes the execution of creative,
administrative, and operational sides of a live event or broadcast.
Live Productions include live digital broadcasts, and in-house
video board live productions.
Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of
the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an
average of ten years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous
employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting
It’s a Lifestyle
: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right
out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel,
perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and
driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the
exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area
boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re
proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning
restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town.
You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains
in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or
Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If
you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s
time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion
to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and
inclusion for all.
- As event-day network director, manages the control room and
venue staff. Ensures that the overall look and feel of the show
meets all broadcast standards set by Auburn University, the SEC and
external stakeholders. Collaborates with, but is not limited to the
following positions during a show: producer, technical director,
camera operators, graphics producer, replay operators and
- As event-day video board director, coordinates and executes
event-based elements and sponsorships on the sport-specific video
boards and concourse TVs in Auburn Arena and Jordan-Hare
- Coordinates with event producer, announcers and graphics
producers on the storylines and determines execution leading up to
assigned network digital shows.
- Coordinates with multiple Auburn Athletics departments and
Auburn Sports Properties to fulfill all sponsorship, marketing and
promotional needs in days leading up to assigned video board
- Arranges staffing of War Eagle Productions staff with multiple
Auburn Athletics departments and Auburn sports teams by scheduling
times, arranging content, and staffing prospective student-athlete
( PSA ) recruiting events and select PSA official visits.
- Directs War Eagle Productions employees including full time
employees, temporary employees, and students during and leading up
to events which include, but are not limited to, the following
positions: technical director, camera operators, assistant
directors, replay operators and graphics producers. This includes
direct instruction and feedback during shows as well as more
detailed video reviews after both immediately after the event and
during the week.
- Leads recruitment of students and temporary positions including
reviewing resumes and participating in interviews.
- Assists supervisor, engineering staff and external stakeholders
with planning (camera placements, technical requirements, staffing
needs, etc.) of daily and one-off events.
- Performs other duties as needed on event days, i.e. camera
operator, technical director, etc.
- Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic
Association ( NCAA ) and Southeastern Conference ( SEC )
regulations in the performance of job duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, RTVF (Radio, Television,
Film), Broadcast Journalism, Media Studies, or a related
3 years of experience supervising staff and coordinating multiple
aspects of a live production for athletic events to include
execution of creative, administrative, and operational sides of a
event or broadcast.
Substitutions allowed for Education:
11 years of experience supervising staff and coordinating multiple
aspects of a live production for athletic events accepted in lieu
of education requirement
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Knowledge of a broadcast control room, such as: broadcast
standard camera assignments, video
- switchers, replay machines, etc. Knowledge of live video and
postproduction procedures and various communications mediums.
- Knowledge of athletic media production, communication, and
dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge and ability to follow guidelines and policies set
forth by SEC Network, Auburn University, and third-party
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control,
and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose
the best solution and solve problems.
- Strong problem solving skills, conflict resolution, ability to
adapt and collaborate, and interpersonal skills; ability to work
well and collaborate effectively with and/or supervise others.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and with adaptability
under strict deadlines.
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, RTVF
(Radio, Television, Film), Broadcast Journalism, Media Studies, or
a related field OR have 11 years of experience coordinating
multiple aspects of a live production for athletic events?
- * Do you have at least 3 years of experience supervising staff
and coordinating multiple aspects of a live production for athletic
events to include execution of creative, administrative, and
operational sides of a live event or broadcast?