Home Org Name
VP, Facilities Management
Service Support Technician
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
Auburn University Facilities Management is excited to begin the
search for a Service Support Technician!
performs custodial work, materials handling, and logistics support
including special events support.
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by
U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn
University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of
Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking
education, life-enhancing research, scholarship, and selfless
service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to
academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment,
student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn:
Auburn University was named by
Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers,
with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy
competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance,
generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and
dependents, flexible spending accounts, and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and
thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion
to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and
inclusion for all.
- Moves furniture and fixtures using trucks, hand trucks,
forklifts, and hydraulic lifts.
- Picks up and delivers custodial materials and supplies.
- Performs custodial work such as window washing and pressure
- Assists with setup, take apart, and logistic support (e.g.
tents) for special events
Ability to read and write
Ability to read and write plus 2 years of
experience in special event support.
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required
experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate
education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one year
relevant education per year of required experience.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Professional moving/relocation experience with commercial
- Experience maintaining and operating moving equipment
- Experience towing and backing trailers with half-ton or larger
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Only completed applications
will be considered, so please
provide all requested information in each section. This should
include all employment history
and required application
, be sure to attach cover letter and
Please include a copy of any required or relevant
in the “Other Documents”
Please answer all supplemental questions
Reference providers should be individuals who can attest to your
qualifications for a position. Examples include supervisors,
coworkers, and professors. Personal References will not be
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee