Title: Residency & Curriculum Coord. - Neurology
Department Org: Resid Prgm-Administrative - 107310
Employee Classification: B5 - Unclass Full Time AFSCME
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME HSC
Primary Location: Health Science Campus College
Start Time: 8:30am End Time: 5:00pm
Posted Salary: starting $20.19/hr
The Graduate Medical Education Residency and Curriculum Coordinator
will coordinate activities, monitor operations, develop and
implement systems in accordance with the ACGME policies and
procedures for accredited residencies. This position involves
analysis, documentation, planning, and coordination of activities
related to current policies and procedures of the institutions
residency programs. This position reports to the Director of
Graduate Medical Education and the Program Director to which the
position is assigned.
The Coordinator has responsibility for assisting the Program
Director with the day-to-day administration of the resident
training program. The Coordinator functions as a liaison between
the office of Graduate Medical Education, other departments,
residents, and the Program Director. The Coordinator may also be
responsible for indirect supervision of the other department staff
working with the residency-training program.
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of professional/administrative experience
• Demonstrated ability to think autonomously and escalate issues as
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and
effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to perform efficiently and in a professional manner under
• Organizational expertise, attention to detail and meeting
• Demonstrated successful and positive interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with confidential information and records
• Ability to make decisions, to anticipate what needs to be done
and to prepare responses to unexpected events
• Competence in computer programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel
• Requires willingness to travel on a limited basis
• Prefer Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 3 years of professional/administrative experience
• Experience in medical academic position and/or knowledge of
residency programs and GME issues.
• Knowledge of ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System),
ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education), NRMP
(National Residency Matching Program) and New Innovations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and presenting material to
a professional audience.
• Prior experience with program development and
• Ability to work with minimum levels of supervision
Conditions of Employment:
All UToledo employees on all campuses, including those working on
campus and working remotely, are required to be fully vaccinated
against Covid-19, or have an approved exemption.
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the
University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this
effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical
Center is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free.
Pre-employment health screening requirements will include cotinine
(nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required health
screenings for the position. With the exception of positions within
University of Toledo Main Campus and the University of Toledo
College of Medicine and Life Sciences, the employment offer is
conditional upon successful completion of a cotinine test and
Occupational Health clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in
employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran
status, disability, familial status, or political
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally
diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and
working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages
applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities,
dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to
complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please
contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the
hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the
Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative
Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: 21 Sep 2023 Eastern Daylight Time