Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading institution for education,
discovery, and global intellectual progress as well as one of the
largest employers in Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more
than just a paycheck and generous benefits; it offers an
opportunity to contribute to a greater good. Join us in supporting
the pursuit of knowledge and individual growth that defines higher
education and enriches our community.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Outgoing, positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated positive customer relations skills.
- Ability to resolve potentially difficult customer
- Basic math skills as they relate to counting and making
- Demonstrated honesty and dependability.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support and promote a
diverse and inclusive campus community
- Speed and accuracy in performing cash transactions and in
operating cash registers.
- Ability to operate cash register, card reader, and inspect
ID’s, discern color when ID cards are swiped, use hands/fingers to
handle or feel
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to tolerate extreme heat and cold
TASK DESCRIPTION :
Performs a variety of tasks related to the direct interaction with
customers on eligibility to enter contract Dining Halls and/or
receiving money for goods purchased.
Typical tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers and guests.
- Assuring eligibility to enter Dining Halls.
- Explaining department policies tactfully and positively.
- Accurately accounting for cash and other tender.
- Monitoring for illegal entry and removal of food and equipment
from Dining Halls.
- Answers guests' questions and directs to proper area within
building or on campus.
- Assures accuracy of procedures when assisted.
- Accurately records and totals purchases on itemizing cash
register; makes proper change; resolves any conflict promptly and
- Assures security of funds entrusted.
- Accounts for all transactions at the end of shift.
- Observes department standards of courtesy, service, sanitation
- Maintains a neat, well groomed, professional appearance.
- Performs related tasks of Food Service Worker-Support, Service,
and Sanitation when requested.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
This position works 40 hours per week, 41 weeks per year with 11
intermittent weeks off throughout the year.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a records check
satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Dining Services Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any
staff position at Brown University you must submit an application
form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please
include a cover letter and resume with each position
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer
, Brown University provides
equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and
retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age,
national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is
protected by our University policies.