- TITLE: Assistant Director of Facilities Management
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
CLASSIFICATION: Staff-12 months
STANDARD WORK HOURS: 40
LOCATION: On-Site-Main Campus
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Contributes to the overall success
of the Department of Facilities Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Advises the Director of Facilities Management and makes
recommendations for maintenance, repair, improvement, and/or
replacement of University facilities by assessing the condition of
facilities, establishing project priorities, and developing
long-range plans for upgrading or replacing mechanical, electrical,
plumbing, fire protection equipment, and utility infrastructure,
making structural repairs, replacing roofs, maintaining or
repairing exterior building envelopes, and refurbishing building
- Ensures that the fleet of Facilities Maintenance vehicles is
operational and supports the needs of the department by supervising
vehicle operations, including all scheduled and contracted
- Manages funds by assisting the Director of Facilities
Management in the preparation of the annual operating budget for
Facilities Maintenance including facility-related budgets.
- Overseeing the hiring and training of maintenance
- Coordinating and supervising daily operations
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal
- Undertaking staffing responsibilities (hiring, training,
- Maintains an environment of open communication with all
customers, colleagues, and affiliates, both on and off campus,
serves as a liaison with other departments in the resolution of
day-to-day administrative, billing, and operational issues, and
resolves differences constructively and tactfully while treating
others with respect.
- Checking and ensuring that facilities are clean.
- Ensures that contracted maintenance services are properly
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a
bachelor’s degree in a facilities-related engineering or technology
field, facilities management, project management, business
management, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five(5) years’ experience
- Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures,
- Ability to utilize an automated accounting system (Banner
experience a plus.)
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices,
statements, and other requests for payment.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills
- General mathematics skills.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This position does have
- Activities involve sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling or
walking; involves lifting heavy weight objects limited to 50
- May involve pushing and pulling objects within the weight
- Ability to climb ladders, steps, and be able to physically
reach rooftop areas and underground facilities for
Internal Candidates are Encouraged to Apply
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in
the United States. At this time, Kentucky State University is
unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment
KENTUCKY STATE UNVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical
requirements listed in this job description represent the essential
duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform
either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions
listed do not necessarily include all activities that the
individual may perform.