The School of Nursing at Florida Gulf Coast University invites
applications for adjunct faculty positions.
Individuals with clinical practice experience in medical/surgical,
community and public health, child, obstetrics, and mental health
nursing are especially encouraged to apply. Candidate’s primary
appointment will be teaching theory or laboratory or clinical
course(s) in the BSN Program. Please indicate your area of interest
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Adjunct
faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to
changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of
instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to
effective use of technology including distance learning. Teaching
assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites and
clinical agencies within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Teach theory, laboratory, or clinical courses in the BSN
- Provide professional mentoring to students.
- Contribute to course and/or curriculum development.
- Function as an effective, active, and collegial team
- Graduate degree in Nursing with an area of specialization in
Nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing program and regionally
accredited Institution or equivalent accreditation.
- BSN degree in Nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing
program and regionally accredited Institution or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of nursing practice experience.
- Current unrestricted RN; or APRN licensure or eligibility for
RN or APRN licensure in the state of Florida.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers or
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five or more years of nursing practice experience.
- Nurse Educator Certification.
- Experience teaching in the clinical setting.
- Expertise in medical/surgical, community and public health,
child, obstetrics, or mental health nursing.
- Certification or experience in high fidelity simulation.
- Experience with the development and delivery of on-line
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Demonstrated expertise in nursing knowledge and clinical
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong computer skills using web-based applications and
- Understanding of and commitment to ANA Code of Ethics for
Nursing, BSN Essentials, and other regulatory documents.
- Actively collaborates both within and outside the University in
the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved
- Competence in the use of technology in teaching and distance
Appointments will be made on a semester basis.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.