Administrative Staff Assistant I
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Posting Link https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/45391
Posting Detail Information
The School of
Engineering and Applied Sciences
( SEAS ) is seeking to
hire highly motivated and skilled Research Administrator.
The incumbent will be part of the SEAS Research Foundation team and
support the pre- and post-award efforts of funded faculty.
Outstanding Benefits Package
- communicating and consulting with PIs and other University
staff to provide guidance on RF, SEAS and UB guidelines and
regulations regarding sponsored research
- preparing grant applications
- supporting grant-funded recruitment
- appointment processing (student, staff and faculty)
- processing participant stipends
- processing fellowships and tuition scholarships
- processing summer stipends
- assisting in equipment procurement for grant-supported
- assisting in the submission of equipment and supply
requisitions for sponsored projects
- assisting in budget management and reporting requirements for
individual faculty and departments
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s
leading public research universities and a flagship of the State
University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and
our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university
dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity
and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home,
UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful
thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others
every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to
an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to
handle request from faculty, students, staff and other School,
University and State entities is expected.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Master’s degree.
- Direct experience with proposal writing/editing, proposal
submission process, post-award management and reporting.
$46,000 - $53,000
Additional Salary Information
Special Instructions Summary
Is a background check required for this posting?
Background Check Notification
Associate Director of HR
Deadline for applicants
Date to be filled
Number of references required
Reference Cutoff Date
Instructions to Applicant
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.