To assist the Head Coach, Women's Soccer in all aspects of the
soccer program to include recruiting, scouting, and coaching and
teaching the skills and game strategies of the sport as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duty is teaching, coaching, and mentoring
student-athletes under Head Coach, Women's Soccer direction.
- Assist the Head Coach, Women's Soccer in the scouting,
recruiting, and retention processes as directed.
- Coaching responsibilities in practice and match situations as
determined by the Head Coach, Women's Soccer.
- Assist the Head Coach with fundraising and Alumni relation
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Women's
- Must adhere to all NCAA/NEWMAC/Salve Regina University rules
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged
with being knowledgeable and assuring and monitoring compliance by
all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with applicable
governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies, interpretations
and regulations of the NCAA, the University, and appropriate
athletics conference. Staff members shall immediately advise the
Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that violations
have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in any
investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Women's
Soccer, or the Director of Athletics.
- Attend all department meetings as required, and all Admissions
Open Houses when necessary.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Current CPR, AED, and First-Aid Certifications preferred.
Incumbent is subject to both inside and outside work, and could
encounter extreme weather conditions.
- The successful candidate will possess highly developed
communication and organizational skills, efficiency in computer
usage and a high degree of self-motivation and dedication to all
aspects of the intercollegiate program.
- Must promote and foster an environment that is supportive of
individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must embrace diversity in all forms by actively promoting a
culture of inclusiveness and striving for justice in your actions
as a reflection of Salve's mission and the Critical Concerns of the
Sisters of Mercy.
- Ability to work effectively in the environment of an
academically demanding institution and abide by all NCAA Division
III, New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference, and Salve
Regina University policies.
- Knowledge and experience with, or ability to learn, technology
applications (ie. Film breakdown, exchange) applicable to the
- A minimum of one to three years of collegiate soccer coaching
experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A strong foundation of the rules of soccer as a player or coach
and a full appreciation and understanding of NCAA rules and
regulations is preferred.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.