Job Posting Title
Russian Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool
Los Rios Community College District (American River College)
Temporary Position Category
Founded in 1955, American River College ( ARC ) is one of the
largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region,
serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its
main campus and centers.
The College has an outstanding record for academic quality and is
among the top community colleges in the state for transferring
students to the University of California and California State
University systems. The College offers education and support for
students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and
certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and
achieve a career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC
also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs
in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business
and Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced
Transportation and Manufacturing, and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our
community through inclusive, equitable education. The College seeks
individuals who share our mission of placing students first by
providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires
critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible
participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity
of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and
social justice through equity-minded education, transformative
leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is
essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The
College seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive
practices and serving the ARC student population. Faculty and staff
are encouraged to engage in the ongoing development of their
professional skills. The College thus supports employee engagement
in a broad range of trainings, workshops, and activities such as
the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the
Classified Leadership Academy. Also, faculty and staff regularly
participate in trainings offered through the College’s Center for
Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of
qualified applicants for this temporary part-time (Adjunct) Faculty
teaching assignment. This is an open until filled pool.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area
$41.27 to $100.50 per hour. Rate determined by education
requirement and type of assignment (lab/lecture/non
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
The adjunct faculty member assignment responsibilities include:
helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering
course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a
thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching
field; continuing professional development; utilizing current
technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards
of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional
position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development
and review; serving on college committees and participating in
faculty governance including accreditation and student
co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as
assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and
responsibilities of a part-time faculty member.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to,
teaching courses in all levels of Russian at the college, for
American River College is committed to employees:
- Russian 101 (Conversational Russian, Elementary)
- Russian 102 (Conversational Russian, Elementary)
- Russian 401 (Elementary Russian)
- Russian 402 (Elementary Russian)
Position Salary Information:
- Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and
- Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement
regarding individuals and their cultural competence. Exercising
responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy
of our care, time, and energy.
- Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others’ perspectives
and lived experiences.
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, and
upper/graduate level units earned per the
Los Rios College Federation of Teachers Contract
initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 1). For more information
on the step placement process, please
To be determined.
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid,
weekend, and/or off-campus classes/hours.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
- Have a master’s degree in Russian; OR, Bachelor’s in
Russian and Master’s in another language or linguistics;
OR, the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited
insitution completed by the time of hire.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicants applying to this posting are REQUIRED to complete
fully and submit
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to apply under the “equivalent”
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must
attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum
qualifications listed above. Please visit our website for a sample
letter and information on the
equivalency determination process .
- Los Rios Community College District Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Only information (education, experience, etc.) listed on the
application will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide official transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from
AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
This is a part-time, temporary faculty position; beginning and
ending dates vary.
Ending Date, if LTT
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with
any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112
during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check and proof of identity and
eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of
work. Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment and Certificate of
Completion must be obtained within 15 days from the start of
employment. The District may select additional qualified candidates
should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited institution must be submitted within 60 days of
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID
-19 protocol, please visit COVID -19
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * If hired, can you provide proof that you are eligible to work
in the United State?
- * Please indicate how you meet the educational minimum
qualifications for this Faculty position. Select the appropriate
- I possess the minimum qualifications for the discipline as
listed on the job posting. (Upload all appropriate unofficial
transcripts from an accredited college/university.)
- My degree title does not match the titles listed in the Minimum
Qualifications section of the job posting, but I possess an
equivalent degree and requestng an equivalency review. (Upload your
equivalency statement and unofficial transcripts.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Upload the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 or Equivalency Determination
Letter and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- Asian Pacific Islander Legacy - Los Rios Employee Group
- Before The Movie - Movie Theater Advertisement
- Black Faculty & Staff Association - Los Rios Employee
- California Community College Registry
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Jobs (communitycollegejobs.com)
- Comunidad - Los Rios Employee Group
- DiversityJobs (diversityjobs.com)
- d'primeramano.net Magazine
- EdCareers Portal (Standford)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- HigherEdJobs (higheredjobs.com)
- Job Fair
- Los Rios Human Resource Invite
- Los Rios Job Site
- Native American Collaborative - Los Rios Employee Group
- Sacramento Asian Chanmber of Commerce
- Sacramento Black Chanmber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- Spectrum LGBTQIA+ - Los Rios Employee Group
- THE Hub Magazine (Sac Culture Hub)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request