Financial Assistant (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments
for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2023.
Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually
accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be
added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on
an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you
will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform a variety of clerical accounting duties in support of an
assigned financial services function; to prepare, process, and
review financial records and reports related to area of assignment;
and to provide administrative support to an assigned
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments
located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours
may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the
required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to
obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible financial recordkeeping
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Review, sort, verify, track, maintain back up documentation and
process invoices; post and process payments and prepare purchase
orders and checks and utility, bond and other bills and
- Calculate, balance, enter and distribute checks and other items
according to policy.
- Process vendor checks for conference reimbursements, special
authorizations, pre-payments, W-9 tracking, 1099 form filing,
mileage reimbursements and related items.
- Coordinate weekly check run process, including printing,
verifying, and mailing of checks for a variety of payments.
- Set up and maintain a variety of contracts; establish
appropriate tracking and filing systems.
- Verify and accrue sales tax in compliance with state and
- Assist with periodic financial processes including audits and
- Respond to questions from district staff and outside vendors
regarding a variety of issues related to assigned function.
- Establish and maintain filing systems for a variety of
documents and records related to area of assignment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal