Program Assistant (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments
for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2023.
Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually
accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be
added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on
an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you
will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform routine and specialized administrative support duties
related to a specific program; to serve as the initial point of
contact for program information; and to provide administrative
support to the program director.
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments
located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours
may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the
required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to
obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible general clerical experience.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Perform a wide variety of routine administrative support work
including filing, billing, checking, tracking, recording
information on records, and processing class roster, enrollment,
purchasing, payroll, and training information.
- Sort and file documents and records, maintaining alphabetical
index and cross-reference files.
- May serve as initial source of information and assistance to
students and program participants; answer the telephone and assist
students, district staff, and the public, giving information on
program policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and other
automated systems; compile, verify and format information and data
from a variety of sources for statistical and financial
- Schedule meetings, classes, and appointments as assigned.
- Make referrals to services and programs available through other
district departments/divisions and outside agencies.
- Compose routine correspondence independently; prepare a variety
- Act as program liaison to vendors and outside
- Maintain ledger of expenses and revenues; calculate, collect,
and process fees, charges, and donations; verify and process
purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist with program outreach and marketing efforts by preparing
and disseminating informational brochures, flyers, and other
materials; may participate in outreach events such as college
- May set up classrooms or meeting rooms and prepare various
materials to be used by presenters.
- May assist students with technology-related issues including
basic operational issues and/or use of specialized software.
- May assist with program specific duties such as test proctoring
and accommodation assistance and recordkeeping.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal