Assistant Director of IT, Information Technology
Fiscal Year Weeks
Full year (52 weeks)
Information Technology Services
Under limited direction, the Business Systems Analyst provides
functional, data, and technical support for Financial, Institution
Advancement, and other related applications to meet business needs
and requirements. The primary responsibility for this position is
to support departments including Finance, Investments, Procurement,
Institutional Advancement, and other departments that depend on the
The Business Systems Analyst must develop professional
relationships within their partner departments and the Information
Technology department to provide production support and issue
resolution, validate and reconcile data, perform imports for record
updates, create reports, gather requirements for enhancements,
provide support and documentation to implement new processes, and
promote compliance with Academy policies and applicable
Business Systems Analyst Role Expectations
Lead Training and Organizational Development
- Provides production support and issue resolution and, when
necessary, coordinates with application vendors to resolve
application issues for relevant systems.
- Acts as the technical partner on relevant projects, including
Finance, Procurement, Endowment Management, Investment, Award
Management, Donor Management, and Student Accounts
- Assists with data imports and provides reporting assistance to
support the business processes and activities between relevant
systems like data reconciliation or to test and assign contracts
- Provides both business and technical insight, helping to set
the direction for relevant system implementation, actively
participating in team meetings, and ensuring that IT and our
partner departments understand the impact of any changes.
- Works with the IT team and partner departments to implement any
new technology, interfaces, or upgrades required to maintain the
- Coordinates and assists in any application updates, reviewing
release notes and other documentation, and providing an explanation
of the impact of any upgrades to our partner departments,
particularly for data integration purposes and business
- Maintains a good understanding of Financial, Procurement,
Institutional Advancement, and Student Accounts Receivable data,
how it is fed into the system (including the interfaces to support
the data flows), and how it may impact downstream systems if
- Assists in gathering and documenting business requirements,
implementation and test plans, and operational support plans.
- Leads testing of upgrades, system integrations, and user
- Proposes and conducts business process optimization efforts for
partner departments, focusing on maintaining data integrity,
improving the user experience, and maximizing efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Continually improves relevant systems with an emphasis on
recommending initiatives to improve end-user experience,
information security, and strategic alignment to Academy goals
based on feedback from end users, technical expertise, and
knowledge of Academy priorities.
- Mentors others within IT and partner departments in systems
best practices. Keeps mentoring and training documentation simple
to understand per department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Knowledge of basic auditing and monitoring techniques required
to ensure programmatic compliance.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to reduce complex technical or business requirements
into simple terms to better explain them to IT and business
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to build and leverage effective relationships and
influence decisions and behaviors through partnering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems,
Business, or similar career field or equivalent combination of
education and experience as a Financial Systems Analyst
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with ability
to document processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- 1+ years experience with Oracle ERP Cloud Fusion strongly
- 3+ years experience with supply chain management, procurement
or financial systems preferred.
- Understanding of data management activities preferred.
- Experience in an institutional or campus setting
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).