Administrative Coordinator, Schmid College
Full or Part Time
Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly
Fair Labor Standard Act Classification
Anticipated Pay Range
$24.00 - $28.00
Pay Range Information
Chapman University is required to provide a reasonable estimate of
the compensation range for this position. This range takes into
account a variety of factors that are considered in making
compensation decisions, including experience, skills, knowledge,
abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other
business and organizational needs. Salary offers are determined
based on the final candidate’s qualifications and experience, as
well as internal equity and other internal factors. The anticipated
pay range is not a promise of a particular wage.
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
The Administrative Coordinator provides academic administrative
support to the chemistry and biochemistry programs along with
supporting the Assistant Dean of External Relations for Schmid
College of Science and Technology at Chapman University. The
administrative coordinator works closely with campus constituents
to ensure smooth coordination of communications, course scheduling,
event planning, and task management. Assist with faculty
recruitment and hiring processes. Monitor budgets, process purchase
requests and reimbursements, and track faculty/student travel.
Provide excellent customer service and serve as point of contact
for students, faculty, and visitors. Assist with accreditation,
program review, and assessment activities and reports. Assist
faculty with student hiring processes and training. Coordinate
large scale events and meeting logistics including AV, catering,
invitations, travel arrangements, and serve as backup as needed.
Work closely with science technicians to maintain shipping and
receiving information. Support events hosted by college. Assist the
Assistant Dean and Leadership Cabinet with special requests,
community outreach, and projects. Generate and obtain data as
requested. This is an exciting opportunity to join Schmid College
with the ability of a hybrid work schedule.
Academic Administrative Support
Faculty Contracts Administrative Support
- Keep Directors and faculty apprised of upcoming deadlines and
urgent requests. Initiate and/or remind of follow-up actions as
- Provide excellent customer service and serve as point of
contact for students, faculty, and visitors; answer phones, greet
visitors, respond to requests for information and assistance, refer
individuals to appropriate university offices as needed
- Gather, compile, and report data as requested. Set-up and
maintain electronic databases including student and alumni
- Provide support for enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft,
PeopleAdmin, Concur, 25Live, etc.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers. Provide student
hiring support to faculty.
- Prepare, input, and maintain class schedules, textbooks and
- Generate and obtain data as requested.
- Maintain office equipment, supplies and submit work orders as
- Prepare applications, compile paperwork and data for
accreditation, assessment, and program reviews.
- Assist in distinguishing Chapman’s chemistry program by
- Assist with faculty hiring processes and orient new faculty to
University.•Generate and track part-time lecturer and overload
- Monitor budgets, process purchase requests and reimbursements,
reconcile PCard activities. Confirm receipt of purchased items and
obtain invoices as needed.
Assistant Dean of External Relations Support
- Schedule meetings, take and publish minutes. Coordinate meeting
and event logistics including invitations, supporting materials, AV
equipment, catering, room arrangements, etc.
- Proactively manage correspondence, calendars, and scheduling
and notify appropriate offices of program related events.
- Notify marketing liaison of any website corrections associated
with the programs.
- Provide support for student recruitment activities including
the Panther for a Day program, events, open houses, and marketing
- Assist with community outreach to Orange High School and
administration of the Simon-Orange-Chapman STEM Scholars ( SOCSS )
high school program.
- Assist in the administrative expansion of Simon STEM Scholars,
specific to Schmid College.
- Coordinate the planning and logistics of Orange County Science
and Engineering Fair events and Schmid College.
- Assist with special requests and assignments such as support
for the Schmid Student Leadership Council ( SSLC ).
- Coordinate event and logistical support for the Schmid Senior
- Coordinate large scale events for student success and award
ceremonies annually with Orange County Science and Engineering Fair
with approximately 1200+ guests.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and ensure continuous
communication of relevant details between the programs and
- Serve on college and university committees as requested
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and
- Minimum two years’ experience in providing administrative
support in a professional office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey
accurate information in a professional manner, with the ability to
interact with diverse individuals and groups at all organizational
- Writing skills to prepare clear and concise, grammatically
correct business correspondence; strong editing and proofreading
- Strong technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems
needed for the position (Canvas, PeopleSoft, 25Live, PeopleAdmin,
Concur, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic accounting skills to prepare financial forms and
reconcile expenses. Ability to monitor budget and expenses.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collegially
with staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures that
pertain to the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize work duties when faced with
interruptions, distraction and fluctuating workload.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and accomplish tasks in a
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize multiple projects and maintain composure and good
attitude when multi-tasking.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and
events including coordinating catering, room reservations and
- Strong commitment to service.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy and to maintain a high level
- Ability to use standard office equipment including phone
system, copier, computers, and calculator.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to
fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The
University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all
aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military
and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information
or any other characteristic protected by state or federal
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and
staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University
can be found at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently
authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and
Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion
and outcomes of a criminal background screening and returning to
the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the
Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
Minimum Number of References
Maximum Number of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- 3 References Listed on One Page
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3