The Assistant Wrestling Coach will assist in training,
administering, and preparing the Wrestling Team for success on the
conference and national level. Oversee all aspects of recruiting
for the Program. Other duties in assisting in the direction of the
Program include compliance, team travel, and event management.
Successful candidate will demonstrate the Wrestling Program’s team
mission of “Bringing the H.E.A.T.” (heart, effort, attitude,
- Assist the Head Coach in all aspects of leading an effective
varsity athletic program.
- Assist in coaching, training, and motivating the program's
student-athletes to perform at the highest level through organized
team and individual sessions.
- Foster an environment within the program that supports the
department's mission of personal growth and integrity, diversity,
leadership, sportsmanship, respect, and a commitment to academic
and athletic excellence.
- Responsible for understanding and abiding by NCAA, EIWA and
University rules and regulations.
- Responsible for organizing and managing day-to-day recruiting
- Scout and Identify prospects.
- Liaison for Compliance in regard to Admissions & Financial
- Travel coordinator - organize official/unofficial visits and
- Assist with Fundraising and Development.
- Continue established efforts and create new initiatives
regarding fundraising events.
- Coordinate alumni events.
- Responsible for Team Competition Travel.
- Transportation, itineraries, meals, practices
- Assist with social media for program.
- Assist with the organization and publicity of camps and
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Wrestling Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Collegiate Wrestling experience as student-athlete
- 2 years of successful coaching experience (collegiate
- Confident leader, motivator, and self-starter
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required
- Valid Driver's license with MVR check required
- Knowledge of NCAA and conference rules preferred
- Typically standing, walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Lifting demands ≤ 50lbs
- University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt.
The offered salary is dependent upon internal equity and the
successful candidate’s competencies, education, and
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
structure and Compensation Guidelines & Policies, please visit
the Compensation and
Please review the
for some information on our benefits
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 20 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 20 2023 Eastern Daylight Time