The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support
to three senior members of the Student Success team: Senior Vice
President for Student Success (SVPSS), Associate Vice President for
Student Success & Chief of Staff (AVP/COS), as well as the
Associate Vice President & Dean of Student Life
The Administrative Coordinator will be a key contributor to the
overall operations of the Student Success unit, exhibiting
flexibility and a willingness to cover and assist with general
administrative duties as needed. This position performs advanced
administrative support including meeting preparation, event
planning, budget tracking, and report coordination.
Through this role, the Administrative Coordinator will also support
the daily management and operations of the Student Success suite,
located in the Main Building. The Administrative Coordinator will
have a strong commitment to customer service and are responsible
for the upholding of diversity, equity, and inclusion in their
daily work and interactions with colleagues and students.
The Administrative Coordinator makes a significant effort to know
every member of the Student Success Leadership Team through both
formal and informal interactions and attendance at departmental
meetings and events. The Administrative Coordinator will report
directly to the Associate Vice President & Chief of Staff
- Maintain consistent supervision of the SVP, AVP/COS, and
AVP/DOS calendars and schedule by identifying and reserving
locations, inviting, and tracking attendees, and maintaining
detailed notes to verify and confirm all calendar entries.
- Serve as primary front-facing staff person in the SVPSS Suite
and manage communications to key stakeholders for the SVPSS.
Maintain an ever-growing knowledge base about the institution in
order to provide good customer service to visitors.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations including desk coverage,
work study student supervision, as well as ensure efficient and
effective operation and maintenance of physical aspects of the
office suite including conference room scheduling and maintenance
(supplies, equipment, and filing, keeping copier room clean and
clutter-free) for AVP/DOS
- Assist SVP, AVP/COS, and AVP/DOS with reporting requirements,
tracking deadlines, and initiating appropriate follow up.
- Perform PCard reconciliation for the AVP/DOS
- Coordinate travel arrangements including hotel, flight/train
and other transportation needs and complete travel expense
- In support of the AVP/DOS, provide administrative support for
Student Life Leadership Team weekly meetings, including agenda
preparation and follow up communications.
- Attend Student Life Committee meetings, as requested by the
AVP/DOS, and provide administrative and project support.
- Support the AVP/DOS in coordinating quarterly unit-wide
meetings for professional staff, including room reservations,
catering, and logistical support.
- Provide logistical and day-of support for special interest
events hosted by Student Success, including Family Weekend, Welcome
Week, and Commencement.
- Manage and respond to inquiries through the deanofstudents
inbox and phone line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience in an administrative support
- Able to anticipate project needs, discern priorities, and meet
deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Must be committed to working with a diverse student
- Web, graphic design, and technological skills a plus
- University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as
Non-Exempt with a grade of H, $17.14 - $25.71. The offered pay is
dependent upon internal equity and the successful candidate’s
competencies, education, and experience.
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
structure and Compensation Guidelines & Policies, please visit
the Compensation and
Please review the
for some information on our benefits
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 20 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 20 2023 Eastern Daylight Time